Logitech G 27 steering wheel

Posted by Pont 
Logitech G 27 steering wheel
Date: May 29, 2011 05:44PM
Posted by: Pont
i 'm going to buy a new steering wheel, probably the am steering wheel.....does anyone use this wheel for gp4? and can it be used for other racing games ? I am using windows 7.
Re: Logitech G 27 steering wheel
Date: May 29, 2011 06:00PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
I don't have a G 27 myself, yet, but as soon as my old wheel stops working, I'll definitely buy one. IMO it's the best steering wheel available right now. And of course it's usable for any kind of racing game.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: May 29, 2011 06:58PM
Posted by: Fergy
Hi there, I have a G25 and it works great with GP4 and windows 7. You certainly won't have a problem with a G27. Windows 7 will auto install the software for you but it best if you install the latest software driver from logitech.
P.S works great with dirty visor effect too, just configure to one of your many buttons and start wiping:-)

Fergy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2011 07:02PM by Fergy.
Date: May 30, 2011 07:26AM
what other racing games do you use with this steering wheel?
Date: May 30, 2011 08:01PM
iracing, rfactor, LFS, F1C and so on. Basically made for all sim games. If you shop around you may still find a G25 brand new for sale which is just as good as the G27. You can't go wrong:-)
Date: May 30, 2011 09:38PM
Posted by: Koku
Another recommendation for the G27. Works fine with Windows 7 although, as Fergy points out, better to use the drivers from Logitech. The only thing the G27 doesn't have, as opposed to its predecessor the G25, is the ability to turn the H-pattern into a sequential shifter. That said, I never used it when I had my G25 and I actually prefer the slightly more chunky feel of the G27 gearing.

Works great with rFactor too.
Date: May 31, 2011 07:21AM
iracing, rfactor, LFS, F1C ?? What game is the best?
Date: May 31, 2011 07:34AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Hi,

I am new to streering wheel thingy.........

How much does this wheel thingy cost? ... $ 500 !!! :-O:-O:-O
Date: May 31, 2011 08:27AM
Posted by: mortal
Look on ebay!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 31, 2011 09:32AM
Pont Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> iracing, rfactor, LFS, F1C ?? What game is the
> best?

I've been hooked on simulator games since 1995, if I had to say what is the best game...hmmm

PC based:

iRacing is fantastic but you must have a membership and that's going to cost you monthly or annually. Also very serious community of racers looking after there SR, safety rating.
Rfactor is great and will be pretty awesome when the new Rfactor 2 comes out. Physics are good and 100's of mod's to select from.
LFS is the dark horse of the competition, superb physics and the best wheel feel you will find. As far as I know the tracks a fictional or less known tracks. Cars and physics are fantastic. For online racing it's a lot of fun.
F1 Challenge just an old classic, fantastic physics and debatable but could be still the best AI in sim gaming (still)
F1 2010 ...hmmm well she and I will say she is like a pretty blonde, nice to look at but usually terrible in bed. Could have been the next big thing but has a lot of improving to do before even coming close to the others imo.
GP4 save the best until last they say. No it doesn't work online, yes it will give you grief sometimes but if you line it up against the others 1 on 1, given it's age it is outstanding. Car physics and weather have still not been matched by any other sim game yet imo. Supplemented by this community of unbelievable people always working on this game, I'm always blown away by the work here. 1st class really:-)

There are many others but these are the ones I can say I have used a lot.
Date: May 31, 2011 11:08AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Well said regarding GP4.... No other game comes close to the car control it gives you.. (Y)

I still use the good old keyboard that others might feel clumsy... ;)
Date: March 13, 2012 12:33PM
Posted by: geoff
How do I get my new G27 to work with GP4? When using GTR2 or the dreaded F1 2010 it works perfectly, but I can't get the profile from the logitech profiler to actually get GP4 to do what it should... heeeeeeeeeeelp! :(
Date: March 13, 2012 02:29PM
Posted by: phantaman
well... not know if G27 is compatible with GP4 (the G25, yes)... multiple users in a portuguese community of GP4 ask the same question you :-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: March 13, 2012 07:45PM
Posted by: jayjay57
I have a G27 wheel but for me is not the best wheel for GP4. For the other game like rfactor , rfactor 2,iracing it's a good wheel.
I have a logitech momo racing wheel , it was a good wheel for gp4 but it die after one year. Then logitech change it for the G25 ,and it was a good wheel for gp4 too(for the other game too). SO if you only play GP4 for me don't buy the G27 but if you play other game like rf,rf2,iracing f12010 or 2011 buy it (Y)
Date: July 02, 2014 07:57AM
Posted by: smasha
G27 feels absolutely awful with GP 4.
Can't get any feeling for it.

Feels like a truck in slow corners and the cars feel erratic like driving on ice.

I just can't get the control out of my wheel like I can with other sims like GPL,Assetto Corsa or Game Stock Car.

Best cockpit view but the game feels like the car is going 2 miles per hour lol.

I am using a g25 con set provided by a member of this site.

The FFB feels terrible and I can't get the wheel to match the steering wheel rotation on screen.

Definately designed for a kb this sim or much older generation wheel sets.

I remember when I had an old old Thrustmaster wheel and it only had a small rotation and that was the best feeling I had playing GP 3.

The G27 just can't get that tight feeling.

If you lessen the rotation on the G27 ,the car slides all the time with the slightest of movements.

You increase the rotation and the car feels like a truck with a trailer attached.

Have to literally stop to get around corners.

Assetto Corsa the G27 feels like it's wired to your hands,feels amazing.

Looking for a definitive control set,especially rotation setting in the Logitech profiler as I have googled the net for GP 4 G27 rotation settings and came up with nothing.

What is everyones sensitivity,dead zone,range and mapping in the logitech individual settings for each axis? Steering wheel ,gas and brake?

There is nothing on the net to give us a proper control for the g27 with GP4.

Just pissing in wind.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 08:11AM by smasha.
Date: July 02, 2014 08:44AM
Can't touch the throttle in this game or the car does a wild spin all the time.

G27 feels AWFUL.

Can't stand it with this game.

Even F1 2013 feels infinitely better than this game.

GP 4 feels like a truck driving on ice with the G 27.
Date: July 02, 2014 10:36AM
I'm using the 2013 mod.
Must be that.
The tracks must not be compatible with the mod.

is there a 2013 track pack to suit the mod?
Date: July 02, 2014 11:27AM
Posted by: TomMK
smasha
I'm using the 2013 mod.
Must be that.

Rather than blame the mod, try troubleshooting it effectively. Try a vanilla GP4 installation or any other mod.

FYI - we run a competition using this mod at GP4 Central called the GP4CC. That competition has just been won (dominated in fact) by jcaranti. Guess what wheel he drives with? That's right, a G27.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 11:28AM by TomMK.
Date: July 02, 2014 11:56AM
Well it feels awful here.
Tried 240,230,220,200 and now on 180 rotation and the car feels the same.

Awfully understeerry and when you want to try to turn,the car slides around like a bar of soap.

What settings does the bloke above use?

I haven't struggled like this with GPL,Assetto Corsa,Iracing,Game Stock Car,Nascar Racing 2003 or the Power and Glory Mod.
They all feel superb.

There is something wrong going on.

and it's the game I reckon.

Wasn't designed for a G27.

P.S. would love to know every setting jcaranti uses because I've tried a ton and nothing is working as it should.

I can only do 3rd gear at Melbourne (that fast left after the palm trees).
Any faster and the car ends up on the fence or I spin out.

BTW I'm using the cockpit view.
Does that view hinder the handling of the cars ?

Must be windows 7.

i've tried every bloody setting and the cars behave awful and the FFB is awful.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 12:30PM by smasha.
Date: July 02, 2014 02:50PM
Posted by: mortal
I think we get the idea that you're not liking the G27. One post would have been enough.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy