AlphaF1

Posted by rayg 
AlphaF1
Date: February 17, 2003 04:33AM
Posted by: rayg
Have you seen that AlphaF1 web site bans you if you use "Advert Blocking" software!

I think the site will soon close as most people seem to be leaving there to come here.......

Does anyone else use advert blocking or is it just me??.........
Re: AlphaF1
Date: February 17, 2003 04:43AM
Posted by: john-nicholas
I use advert blocking software too, and I too cannot access it.

Date: February 17, 2003 05:11AM
Posted by: ThePredictor
This was already discussed a few days ago in the OT forum.
For sure I won't disable my popup filter. I have even Ad-aware installed :)
He lost my few hits.

Be ready!
Date: February 17, 2003 09:00AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
AVG denied access
Date: February 17, 2003 09:40AM
Posted by: Timm
Such a shame.

Got banned for no reason, now this AD thingie. Personally I'm not going to bother anymore, it's too much hassle.

Shame, as Ajay's GP3 league was fun.

Oh, and NUNO IS A GOD!!

Date: February 17, 2003 09:44AM
Posted by: Covfan
It happens because some firewall software use a pop-up blocker. It's is "Anti-Leech" because the pop-ups pay for the site. If nobody even views the pop-ups he doesn't get the money. I find it shelfish that most of you can't even be bothered to let a pop-up load then close it.
Date: February 17, 2003 09:49AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well if 2 windows open in IE for me it freezes. Is that selfish?! Its not that good a site anyway, and the forum's nothing on this one.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 17, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: Senna_Fan
Hey all, I'm new to this site and have been going to Alpha1 for a long time. I don't have any pop-up stoppers installed on my system and I even added his site to my safe list with full cookie use and it still comes up and says I'm blocking. Oh well I like this site a lot so I'll just come here.

Peace!

Post Edited (02-17-03 18:23)

Senna_Fan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD 64 3500+ Processor, Geil 1gb ddr3200 ram, ABit AV8 MB, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Windows XP operating system.
Date: February 17, 2003 09:58AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
LOL thanks Timm.... it's the first time someone call me God! :D but i think i can get used to it... ehehehe

i never get pop ups when i go to alpha forums, i use this link: [alphaf1.host.sk]

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: February 17, 2003 10:12AM
Posted by: Jorn
I'm also banned from the site

I have special software (from Norton) but it is switched OFF

I agree that you won't get acces to the site IF you use special software to block things. But like this... It's really stupid, I hope they will remove this security

If got a little trick, when the site (or a new page) opens, hit the STOP button of your explorer ;)

Date: February 17, 2003 12:21PM
so Timm, you've resigned from my team then?
Date: February 17, 2003 01:41PM
Posted by: senninho
pfft... i don't even have any adblocking software, nor do i have a firewall! Look's like Matti has let the power go to his head... For sure i won't be using alpha f1 any more
Date: February 17, 2003 02:25PM
btw, Matti has released a offical reply at his very own forums, you'll have to go there to see what it is
-
-
-
-
-
-
- ONLY JOKING, here is the statement

' The word filters have existed since these forums were made - nobody complained then. But I have now decided to remove them. Hope you all are now happy.'

Now maybe some of you will stop moaning about it.
Date: February 17, 2003 02:26PM
And he's turned off the anti-leech software aswell.
Date: February 17, 2003 03:08PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Covfan, what is your problem? All you do is be negative "how many posts do we need about this" "I think your upset cos you werent chosen as moderators" "now you can all stop moaning" Lighten up un petit peut.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: February 18, 2003 12:22AM
What French small thing did you call me? :)

I'm just annoyed with the amount of people who are opposed to not having any moderators. Also there are two threads about Alpha F1 in here and one in Off-Topic. It can't both be off-topic and grand prix 4 related?
Date: February 18, 2003 12:27PM
Posted by: Timm
No I have not resigned from the team. Although my performances are a little, shite.

Iwas banned thanks to my stupid ex work colleague. I've been emailing moderators to get back in and today I find I am no longer banned - Hooray!!.

However, I still have my posting permissions refused. Working on that.

Date: February 18, 2003 01:13PM
Posted by: LarryM
I too can also access from my work machine again and I can post. Matti has come of age. :)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 18, 2003 01:15PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Same on me but i dont really know when i visited alpha last time?

Half year ago??? ;)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: February 18, 2003 03:53PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Well, it loks like the people have finally got the message across. Lol

Matti finally learned the first rule of business: You have to keep your customers happy, otherwise they'll leave, won't return and eventually you'll be out of business.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy