gp3 or gp4

Posted by mobydick 
gp3 or gp4
Date: February 14, 2003 11:53PM
Posted by: mobydick
I have had the game gp3 since just after it came out, but never got into it probably due to using the keyboard to drive the car.

recently I reinstalled it and got a logitech momo wheel and I am enjoying myself.....the question is should I continue with gp3 and upgrade the cars and tracks or forget gp3 and buy gp4.

Ray
Re: gp3 or gp4
Date: February 15, 2003 12:38AM
Posted by: Boils
I would play GP3, get used to the tracks and controls and have good fun modding the game and driving exciting races against GC's brilliant AI, keep checking these forums for the latest on good carsets and patches etc and when u see a mod or something like a patch that works :) u should then buy GP4.

Also dont bother with GP4 unless u have a very good computer.

Date: February 15, 2003 09:06AM
Posted by: Glyn
I would personally go for GP4 straight away. Its a fair bit different from GP3, and took me a while to convert. If you go straight to GP4, you wont have to convert.

But I agree with Boils that you need a very good computer to get the most out of GP4, espically when racing in the wet. Having said that though, you can tweak the game and make it run well on nearly any system, but the graphics really do suffer.

Date: February 15, 2003 08:41PM
Posted by: metal-mike
I'd say if you have the PC go for GP4. True it doesn't have the upgrades that GP3 has, but things are starting to happen now, and I'm working on some stuff myself. Plus, I don't know if you like it or not, but F12002 is great for mods.
Date: February 16, 2003 03:30AM
Yeah, F1 2002 is the much better of the too for mods, in fact it is probably worth buying just for the mods.

Date: February 17, 2003 01:25AM
Posted by: mobydick
Thanks Boys

Ray
Date: February 17, 2003 05:07AM
Posted by: JackiMatra
WARNING

If you've been playing GPx series games, you may be more than a little put off by the F1 200x AnI (Artificial non-Intelligence), which is none too good by any standards and really just plain stinks in comparison with GPx games. Also, don't expect the cars to achieve realistic speeds and laptimes, nor the tracks to be terribly accurate, nor addon tracks to have any AI at all, nor the weather effects to look at all convincing, nor for there to be decent car damage, nor for the replays to work very well. If you don't mind such minor problems which F1 200x fans usually don't think even worth mentioning, then I can assure you that the addon cars for F1 200x games look very nice.
Date: February 19, 2003 09:46AM
Thats actually a pretty realistic post JackiMatra, its all true! (rather worringly). The AI in the game is so bad your scared to overtake slower cars. Its harder than overtaking backmarkers in GPL on a laggy server, and thats saying something. Just dont play Monaco thats all I say.

Date: February 19, 2003 09:46AM
Forgot to mention that the external camera make the cars look silly too :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy