We cant edit tracks yet, but didnt stop a convserion :S

Posted by Ellis 
We cant edit tracks yet, but didnt stop a convserion :S
Date: February 13, 2003 03:50AM
Posted by: Ellis
Hungarogring from GP4 has been converted over to F1 200x. I find that rather strange because we cant edit the tracks yet!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
it was done by marc aarts, he was discussing it at the TE forum racently, he said it was easy to get the models out, but not get them back in, and anyway our problem is the physical side of the track done in the track editor, not the objects and models
Yeah, this is strage! Maybe we can somehow do the opossite

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Yeah, I have had that conversion since last autumn - before i bought GP4. I remember driving it . I must try that out again just for comparison. It was pretty good work though so I put in my F12002 folder as a permanent add-on.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Hmn, i think there're some changes for it.

Its possible to load a track with jons genius and save them as vrl. 3DSMax or 3D Canvas work with vrl. So you can edit the track itself. Ok its a hard work but its possible.

The biggest problem is the TrackEditor from Paul. Its a beta with many bugs. I dont know why Paul stopped development on it. But its also possible to change most of physics part with the beta.

I dont know why noone started working on a new trackeditor. For example some small changes we have seen last season. That's possible and therefore we dont need the TE by Paul.

The onliest we need are some good shape designers who can work on vrl tracks in 3dsmax or canvas.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
the problem is matching up whats created in max with the physical data in the track editor thats where the problems lies, we need one which generates the other, whichever way round it may be
Re: We cant edit tracks yet, but didnt stop a convserion :S
Date: February 13, 2003 09:21AM
Posted by: tux
u can get the data out, because we know the definitions. but we cant get them back in coz we dont know how :P

Date: February 13, 2003 10:29AM
Posted by: Ellis
yet

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 13, 2003 11:00AM
Posted by: tux
Date: February 13, 2003 12:08PM
Posted by: Glyn
The problem with user created tracks though is they wont be as accuratly modelled as GP4's are, unless somebody pays for the technology. Still, from what ive seen with GP3, some guys seem to be able to do amazing things with photos so it isnt the end of the world.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy