The "NEW" Patch

Posted by rayg 
The "NEW" Patch
Date: February 13, 2003 01:04AM
Posted by: rayg
Hi,

I installed the patch (9.6) the other night but so far I havn't seen any differnces! I spanked the car in the wall at canada in practice so I done the old shift & Q but when I went into the pit the wheel was still missing and this was one of the suppose fixes.......

I also havn't found any differnces with slip streaming!

Have I done any thing wrong with the install??? I am useing the lastest version gpxpatch...

Cheers
Re: The "NEW" Patch
Date: February 13, 2003 03:23AM
Posted by: LarryM
Did you do a clean install of the game before patching? The patch makes a big improvement in performance and removes many bugs. :)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 13, 2003 03:36AM
Posted by: Morbid
That bug was most definately fixed. Check that the patch really was installed correctly, by going into the credits screen and see if it says version 1.02.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 13, 2003 03:36AM
No I had GP4 installed and then installed the patch at a later date! Do I need to uninstall it all then to activate the changes???
Date: February 13, 2003 04:11AM
Posted by: LarryM
Yes. Uninstall. Run the game once without the patch. Close and install patch.

BTW don't try running replays saved in the unpatched version, the cars may crash in strange places (top of eau rouge) and it may screw up your team data etc.

I think this is right ;)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 13, 2003 04:12AM
Posted by: Morbid
And make sure that the credits screen says 1.02 when the patch has been installed.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 13, 2003 05:51AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
But before deinstall backup your needed files.

P.S. dont need the old f1grafics.cfg in v1.2. The size between new and old file is different. But i couldnt find any changes. Dont know why.

To save your backups simple rename your gp4 folder and install new one.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: February 14, 2003 01:08AM
OK, I unistalled (including registry settings) and then reinstalled the game and the patch went on OK and in the credits it says ver 1.02! Horay!

BUT (and theres always a but!) when I go into the game the steering wheel has lost its "Stifness" and is really loose even though in the controls I have enable force feedback etc on, and I also get an error message "No Error" when I try to load a game!

Has anyone else had this?? If so do you know the fix.........

Thanks For Your Help

Ray
Date: February 14, 2003 01:56AM
Posted by: Syrius
rayg wrote:
>
> BUT (and theres always a but!) when I go into the game the
> steering wheel has lost its "Stifness" and is really loose even
> though in the controls I have enable force feedback etc on, and
> I also get an error message "No Error" when I try to load a
> game!
>

Good news, the 'No error' problem seems to be caused by a silly bug and can be easily fixed. Check this: [www.grandprix3.com]

Enjoy :)

* S y r i u s *
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy