Project Grand Prix 4 || Small announcement on P2

Posted by iaquinta 
Project Grand Prix 4 || Small announcement on P2
Date: April 27, 2011 08:37PM
Posted by: iaquinta

Hey guys,
I don't really like how the GP4 community is now. It's all about early 2011 cars and this is why all this converting started. I don't have problems with converting cars from rFactor or any other game, but only if it happens with permissons from the modder who made this car. The problem about the 2011 cars are that they are usally from the (same) groups which rebuild the car on leeched cars (GP4 conversions or other rF cars). They may have that cars pretty fast, but the hence consequens is that this car isn't near the real car. On the other side the leeching aspect is important, but I don't want to start this discussion again. Therefore the focus isn't on cars, which aren't actual or F1 cars like GP2 - racing series which were covered only rarely in GP4 although being popular.

Project Grand Prix 4 is my idea of solve this problem. It's a group working on some rFactor conversions with permissons (and not converting or supporting leeched mods). I already got some permissons from some bigger rFactor modding groups which means we will bring you some beauties to GP4 which aren't the usual Codemasters or 2011 conversions. It was time to change something and this is my try to make a better Grand Prix 4 experience possible.

We will soon show some cool stuff, so stay tuned!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2011 06:17PM by iaquinta.
Re: Project Grand Prix 4
Date: April 27, 2011 08:40PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Very nice idea mate

There are some great rFactor mods that I would love to see for GP4

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 27, 2011 09:13PM
Posted by: vesuvius
nice idea, lookig forward to see what will you guys bring for gp4:-)
Date: April 27, 2011 09:19PM
Posted by: jucksman
Fantastic idea!
I hope this project receives all the respect and support it deserves. :-)
Date: April 27, 2011 09:54PM
Posted by: Vandusk
Champcar 2007 MOD, IndyCar 2010 MOD and F2 2009 MOD would be awesome!!!! :)
Date: April 27, 2011 10:02PM
Posted by: jimbob1
Vandusk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Champcar 2007 MOD, IndyCar 2010 MOD and F2 2009
> MOD would be awesome!!!! :)

champcar 2007 mod i & lee have permission to convert....we stalled on it tbh as the mapping on the cars was'nt the best.....

i like the idea of project gp4......as long as you are pretty sure the cars you are getting with permissions are fully theirs to give ..rfactor has it's own share of leechers...
Date: April 27, 2011 10:03PM
Yeah, that's a problem. But I'm familiar with the rF scene so it shouldn't be a problem.
Date: April 27, 2011 10:12PM
Posted by: jimbob1
iaquinta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, that's a problem. But I'm familiar with the
> rF scene so it shouldn't be a problem.

if you got stuff from groups with a good reputation in the rf community then brought to gp4 in this way would be a positive thing for sure.

how would it work ? would you use the project gp4 name as an umbrello group to invite members to join to so the conversion work ?
Date: April 27, 2011 10:15PM
Well, in the moment we are two guys. Stiffmaster99 (who did that awesome F150th Italia) and me. More members would help the project, but really good team members aren't easy to find.

One car is from LMT, the other stuff will be a suprise. :-)
Date: April 28, 2011 04:13AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I like very much your idea iaquinta, and have some other ideas about it too. I will make an text about it (the ideas) later in home and send to you ok?

Another thing: Celinho and I work with the rfactor comunity in 1992 mod. The guys from rfactor release the mod early. CĂ©lio and I think in improove the GP4 1992 cars and put (very) better liveries (and in hi-res), so the 1992 GP4 (and rfactor) final mod will be great too.

I like when some important persons here in GPG bring to us this nice ideas (and cars :-) )

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2011 03:14AM by kerleyf1.
Date: April 28, 2011 06:10AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I would love to see V8 Factor in GP4!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 28, 2011 06:19AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Yes... Australian V8 Car Series, Porsche Super Cup, NASCAR, MotoGP/SBK... will be nice
Date: April 28, 2011 06:34AM
Posted by: quickslick
great idea about this project and it would be nice to get the cart 1995 mod from rfactor for gp4 aswell :)
Date: April 28, 2011 07:28AM
Posted by: Bruce D
I 2nd quickslick, 1995 Cart mod and maybe even the 1985 F1 mod would be brilliant.
Date: April 28, 2011 10:05AM
Posted by: Macca25
I am with the others, I would love to see the V8 Supercars mod made. I think it would inspire builders to make some great Australian tracks as well, like the Oran Park that is being built and the infamous Bathurst.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: April 28, 2011 10:07AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I will check what we can do from this list.

Thanks for your kind words, kerley. :-)
Date: April 28, 2011 05:28PM
Posted by: SPOKES
Bathurst here we come!!!! :-)
Date: April 28, 2011 05:38PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I think it'd be nice to see one of the Indycar mods in GP4

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 28, 2011 05:56PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
very nice idea mate! :)

I would love to see the new DTM mod 2008-2010 from LMT (I know, it's a big mod) but atleast the 2010 season.
As Im not using CSM, I would like the windows of the cars not to be transparent ;)

Otherwise, I appreciate all cars that are released for GP4. Good Luck mate :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: April 28, 2011 06:08PM
@SPOKES: As far as I know It's not possible to convert tracks, you can use the 3d models, but you still have to redo the layout from scratch.
@SkaanningeN: I already spoke with Remus about it some months ago, but it isn't possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy