Help wanted with Spanish track

Posted by neilcaine 
Help wanted with Spanish track
Date: May 22, 2011 01:01PM
Posted by: neilcaine
Hope a track expert can help with this problem, - I'm trying to update the Barcelona track I use with the 2011 ads and I've managed most of them but I'm having a problem with the Martini bridge at the last chicane before the pit entry. For the 2011 race that is now a Santander bridge. The problem I have is that currently the Martini bridge has one half with a tex file 512x128 in size (which is easy to change from plain grey/white to red) - but the actual Martini logo is 512x256 and has a circular part which juts out above and below the main logo so part of the ad is 512x256 and part is 512x128. How do I change the bridge so that I can use a Santander 512x128 tex file and make the bridge all the same level? Hope i've explained this ok and someone has an idea - I'm sure it's possible but I'm not that much of an expert

Any help would be appreciated
Re: Help wanted with Spanish track
Date: May 22, 2011 06:00PM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi Mr. Neilcane.

If I remind well, you will need to recreate 3d to match santander textures properly, once Martini logos as shown at these bridges are taller than advert height.

Date: May 22, 2011 07:16PM
Ok, could you (or anyone else) give me some advice as to where to start trying to do that?
Date: May 23, 2011 08:54PM
Posted by: xandy
hi

I'm not into texture updates - tried it with Melbourne, then SchueyFan released his track (two weeks after the race I think), I hadn't reached turn 3 ...

to get the santander logo on the martini bridge you can
(a) paint a new 512x256 texture with the top and bottom 64 pixels black in the alpha layer and the logo centered (white in the alpha layer)
(b) edit - as gildoorf said - the 3D object: with GP4 Builder look for the martini bridge object - find the part with the martini logo - the part should be taller than the bridge scaffold - go down to faces and then to vertex level - move the vertexes up or down (if you are lucky you have to move them only on the Z axis and GP4 Builder will snap to the vertexes of the bridge scaffold) - repeat this for all faces - assign a new 512x128 texture (santander) to the part (yeah: thank Lo2K and take a look at the GP4 Builder manual ;))

cheers
xandy
Date: May 24, 2011 09:08PM
Thanks for that Xandy, the gp4builder manual is a bit tricky to follow at first but with your instructions I've finally managed to finish my Barcelona track - not 100% accurate but close enough for me!

cheers
Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy