Pirelli 2011 tyres by Excalibur - Pack [RELEASED]

Posted by Excalibur 
@ Turbo Lover: The alpha layer is correct (There are differents alpha layers for BBS, OZ etc... it is for the rims but you need to use 2d rims by Enzojz or 2010 tyres by Lee to show it correctly in game) and I don't have any problem in game (the tyres don't look greenish) when converting from TGA into tex in DXT5. I will send you the tga files. Or if you want, use the 2011 template made by Lee. But, as Rob mentioned it, if you convert tex into tga, then the same tga into tex again, you will loose quality and get some greenish and dirt tyres in game.

@Andreigp4: Yes, I will release supersoft tyrewalls soon.

@Rob: Your supersoft are great! (Y);-) If you want to release them, don't refrain yourself because this is "my" thread! They just look awesome! great quality :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Excalibur, maybe I'm a prick, but how the rims look like ingame is stored in the alpha channel of the tyre texture. It has nothing to do with the shape. If you check the alpha channels of your tyres from this thread, you'll see that alpha channels doesn't match with the pictures of the tyres you post. I downloaded the Sauber 2010 tyre texture from Lee where the alpha channel is correct:

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
@Turbo Lover: Sorry if I misunderstood!

I wanted to make different alpha channels (rims) for the game. The presentation screen is just an illustration. And you are right, the sauber's alpha doesn't match with the presentation screen.
I used the Einkei alpha channel for the Sauber.

But I'm making a new set of tyres with the 2011 genereic alpha channes and also new radian blur effect (15% for texture2 and 35 % for texture 3 )

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No problem, looking forward.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Pirelli 2011 tyres - Supersoft

Link first post.

Fantastic work mate, thanks for those! :)

edit: btw Arnaud, are those rims rotating? As I've seen you've changed them ;)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2011 11:25AM by fast_alonso.
Re: 2011 tyres set by Excalibur -Supersoft [RELEASED]
Date: June 04, 2011 11:09AM
Posted by: xandy
great stuff - thank you very much ;)

imho the sidewalls show all the GP4 shader can give

did you make soft tyre sidewalls with the small yellow stripe as seen in Sepang? a generic version of those would be very much appreciated - thanks again

cheers
xandy
Hello excalibur,the supersoft tyres are just awesome,i've got just a request could you make them on a generic rim instead of the sauber one please?thanks

Greetings
Alessio
Thanks guys! So many questions! ;)

@Rob: Don't worry mate, the rims are rotating! I have just asked Nico to stop his car when I was taking some pictures! ;)
Yes, I made a new rimbolt on the 2d advanced 2010 wheel shape from Lee and Enzojz, which is also rotating but it is rotating into the opposite direction from the tyrewalls. The effect is interesting but I think that the rim and the rimbolt should rotate to the same direction... I am working on it.

@Xandy: I am working on 2011 generic soft, medium,hard, intermediate and wet tyres (with and without stripe like for the supersoft)

@Alessio: For the moment, I am only making 2011 tyres based on this rim but I will work on specific team rims, later...I put the TGA files into the archive. So, you can replace the alpha layer from the texture 0,1 and 2 by a different alpha channel rim if you can't wait....

ehm,how?xd there is a guide or something?

Greetings
Alessio
What if we use these pics as sidewalls of GP4 tires? Has anyone tried them to get a realistic result?

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

I have done yes...sadly it doesnt look so great in game because it has wierd lighting spots all over it, so when tyres rotate you will see white bright spots. I will try to do some tweaks to see if those helps:-)
Yellow and white ones are fine..

Others look weird...
ok guys,i've managed to put on a generic rim the supersoft with stripes tyres,if someone interested i could upload them,after of course the approvation from Excalibur.

Greetings
Alessio
@vesuvius

Thanks for your reply :)

@Alessio88

I am!!! ;) If you don't mind, could you show us some preview shots?

Re: 2011 tyres set by Excalibur -Supersoft [RELEASED]
Date: June 05, 2011 07:57AM
Posted by: xandy
thanks for the answer and special thanks for including the unpacked supersoft tgas - nice touch

the soft tyres are like vettel's helmets - four versions so far ...

the rims rock and the new rimbolt looks good

thanks
xandy
@ColdBlood,here we go,but i can't release them if Excalibur dosn't give me the authorization.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Greetings
Alessio
@Alessio88

Well done mate, I like it :D Hope you get permission from Excalibur.

Share in private please. Thanks. :-)

@Excalibur:ok mate no worries :)

@ColBlood:thanks this year this and the update of the mclaren are my first jobs that i've done for gp4 i'm glad that you people like it:)

Greetings
Alessio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy