and now?

Posted by NunoEspadinha 
and now?
Date: February 10, 2003 07:56AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
hi people... finally i wanted to give the official patch an opportunity :o)
i'm at the office and as you migth understand, we use more than one Pc for the simulators, etc.. and i used to make zip's of the original game (gp3, gp4, etc) to keep the same carsets, etc.. in the other Pc's..

now i'm trying to install the official patch and it says to me that "gp4 is not installed in this machine" !!!??

i've seen the older topics already, but please tell me that i don't have to install the original game again in every PC used by us... and then update with all the Gfx (cars, crew, track gfx, etc.) in every single pc..!!!

is there a way to solve this?

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Re: and now?
Date: February 10, 2003 09:21AM
Posted by: CeeGee
Have you tried installing the patch on your original machine - then zipping that and using the zip on all your other machines, or is that what you have tried?
Even so, you should only have to do one clean install with the patch and all extras,copy that folder,zip it, and use that in place of all your existing GP4 folders on the other machines.

CeeGee
Date: February 10, 2003 12:17PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Maybe the game isn't properly regged in windows registry.
To solve that , you can use my CamEditor and choose the "GP4 Manual Path" button and select the path where is installed GP4.

It's a good idea too to test the new 4.1 version i just released :)

Date: February 10, 2003 12:34PM
Posted by: tux
"and now?"...

"we wait"

hehe, just thought ill add that :P

Date: February 10, 2003 03:20PM
Posted by: Alex13
Clean your gp4 related registry and re-instal tha game. It worked for me. Install tha game in the default directory (C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4) Hope this helps

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: February 10, 2003 07:05PM
will try what Lo2k said... thanks people.. will tell tomorrow what was the result

Date: February 11, 2003 07:32AM
no luck Lo2k :(

Date: February 11, 2003 02:18PM
Posted by: Lo2k
too bad : /

Date: February 11, 2003 05:30PM
don't know if i've patience for doing all from the beginning again... well.. thanks anyway.. :(

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy