> I'll run it tomorrow directly as first thing of
> the day.
>
>
> /add: I did a night-shift and ran the FP, but I'm
> definitely too tired to do the coverage now. As
> promised, that'll be the first thing as soon as I
> get up again.

Thanks for putting in the extra effort mate! We all really appreciate it but take your time today :)

GPGSL Round 2: Monza Free practice

Hello everybody, here is German noob reporter 'Weiko Hasser' with the coverage from the Monza practice in the GPGSL. A look a the weather monitor shows that it's likely to rain all the time long. So let's get on the track to get the action started!

Dan Mills is the first out of track. Although there was a massive delay of the FP because of heavy rain - and other problems - TNR didn't manage to get their new contender ready in time...that makes 'em driving the car of shame another time. Also we see lots of rain and a very wet track.

Though he's the first to run for a fast time!

And while he does so, we have a quick look into the pits where other drivers prepare for their first run as well.

And what's that? Mills doesn't finish the round. He tried it on intermediates and obviously the track was already too wet for that!

Stuart Ingers in his AMR yet gives it a try and burns...or better swims...the first fast time on the road.

Others follow Mills' example anyway and drive back into the pits to get heavy-wets.

But not SOMOGYI! He drives another impressive fastest time!

So, after more than 5 minutes, we only have 3 fast times so far. That might lead to a busy track later!

Copeman now is the first to get a shot at the pole time...

...but the second sector shows already that this'll be not a good run. The track conditions get worse however, so that Somogyi, Ingers and Greidanus might have good chances!

And Mills, in this ugly car of shame obviously needs some camera time. He's slightly restraining Karjalainen...

...but the latter at least grabs a 4th.

With lots of cars out of the track and driving their first fast lap, there are lots of improvements now!

But Ingers isn't able to beat Somogyi's or even his own time again.

And Edwards in his second to debut race shows a good performance, grabbing 6th for now in the other CAR OF SHAME!

Followed by Keeley Grant, the winner of the Melbourne FP, who is yet only good for a 12th.

So, here are the standings with still 18 minutes to go.

DeBoer in his Souther-Cross is looking good in sector one...

...but he loses a bit in sector two...

...and finally delays his attack on the pool by driving back into the pits.

A little time after, Vukcevic shows an impressive performance in his Christel VXR by grabbing 6th...

and Mills also finds a way to put that CAR OF SHAME back into the cameras, by driving 4th best so far.

Yet, he can't enjoy it for very long as Legge takes 4th soon after!

And Mills' teammate Edwards is close to Somogyi in sector 2!

But he either made a mistake or the track is still way too wet in the 3rd sector. Very sad for him.

And Tafuro spins in his outlap. Either there's something wrong with the MPR, or he simply still needs some time to get used to such a fast car! ;-)

His own test driver Gilson is only good for 15th in the meantime...

and ART owner van Renselaar grabs 7th. The track looks to get drier again, this leads to another bunch of improvements!

And it's INGERS who takes the pole back. AND WHAT A TIME!

That's more than 1,8 seconds to his teammate Adam Davies, who grabs 6th.

And Nathan McGregor takes an impressive 3rd! But can he stay there? Although improvements come in now with nearly every single driver, it's looking good for McGregor.

And only a disappointing 13th for Dan Paddock in his MPR...

...but at least much better than his teammate Tafuro!

And suddenly Tafuro's own driver, Gilson, takes the pole with 5 thousands! WOW!

Therefore let's use the chance to have a look at the timetables 6 minutes before the end:

Tafuro at least manages to improve to 9th, though it looks like his last run comes very early...with the track conditions getting better and better.

Van Renselaar improves to 3rd, though there's still enough time for others to get back!

For example Van Smirren does! Very good 3rd for him and Christel VXR

And Worseling takes the POLE!!! Very impressive run by him!

Copeman taking 2nd...it comes true. The later the drivers got their cars out, the better get the weather conditions!

2nd grabbed by Greidanus!

And McGregor showing a good 4th again.

And nearly with the checkered flag Rodríguez brings his car over the line.

He was fast enough and is allowed to finish the round!

And it's looking very promising for Rodríguez after sector 2...

...AND HE DOES IT! First pole for the newcomer driving for ART. CONGRATULATIONS! He took the most risk and got honored for it because of these fancy weather conditions.

That's it from our side. STAY TUNED FOR THE OFFICIAL RESULTS!

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Here are the official results of the FP in Monza. Congratulations go again to Carlos Rodríguez and ART.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
8th and 11th for Christel, very nicely done

That'll do nicely...well chuffed to be 4th. Especialy well done to Christel VXR boys, 8th and 11th in only our second round...very well done. Hopefully this sets us up nicely for qualifying.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

But annoyed to be beaten by rico ;), but 8th is a great job for him, and 11th place in only my second run in this car is very very good, points for both of us (i think?).
I guess rico's experience showed in the rain, but i will look to start beating him again ;-)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
a little satsfaction for Joseph's result,nothing more...

My GPGSL Career
6th place, and my first points of the season! :-) I'm happy in the wet conditions, must be from all that racing in the British weather ;)

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Zsigmond Somogyi:
"I'm quite angry.... The weather ruined everything........."
A definite improvement from last time.
That's definitely the worst we have ever done

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Quite happy to be in 5th and my aim of points in every round for the team stays alive.

As a side not, at one point I had an equal time with sombody. How do the point get delivered in a situation like that. I think it should go to the person with the second quickest time or maybe give them both the same amount of points.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Out of pace in practice again. Hopefully the trend doesnt keep this way at quali.
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's definitely the worst we have ever done

(Y)

My GPGSL Career
Bugger!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Nice job by Carlos, fastest time :)

9th time for me is nice too.

Very good coverage John. Pleased to be 3rd, but it's only practise.

TNR should be banned for the rest of the season if they failed to have a livery for the 3rd round. (N)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Yeah!!! Magnífico, Carlos!!! This is the sul-american power!!! ;)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Also congrats from me to Carlos. That was a pretty good performance although there was, of course, a lot of luck in it. It looked like the track dried very fast and he had admittedly the best conditions. Nevertheless I hope that we'll be able transform this into qualy so that Rod and me will be able to show such a good team result as well.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Very difficult to evaluate a wet session but I think the updates on the car this weekend should help us take the step forward we need with the TSS9. Very impressed with the driving of Zsigmond and Ruben today, both putting in strong lap times in the tricky conditions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy