Doing 20011 Ads for my own tracks - wpould anyone else be interested

Posted by davidm 
I'm amending my own latest tracks with ads that more accurately correspond to the up coming season. Essentially what I'm doing is replacing Bridgestone (the biggest job) with Pirelli, as well as other advertisers like ING, RBS and so on who have left F1. In most cases apart from Bridgestone this involves echanging one tex with another from a current advertiser (this is not at all scientific). For Bridgestone ads I am creating new tex's and then finalising a new wad - not difficult, the ad's are relatively low res but this is fine for me. I have used various Google images and converted and resized into tga format.

I would like to offer these to share with other readers but am unsure of the protocols with trackmakers. This is a very small element of their work but I wish to avoid causing offence/controversy in any way. I have mainly used the very latest wads from GP4 Argentina (Josekast) but different dat's because the originals seem to be 20% race distance. It does'nt seem a problem as most wads now follow a similar path in construction, so exchanging one dat with another does'nt seem to be a problem.

Please give me some feedback and if positive I will upload the revised tex's during next week. I really just want to give something back because I have enjoyed a huge benefit of the work done here over the years by many very talented people.
If you get the go-ahead to update the tracks I'd definitely be interested, a lot of the tracks are never updated and I know how time consuming it is trying to do some myself. Someone over on gp4argentina was doing some of the tracks last year but didn't seem to get all of them done, - possibly due to people objecting to the updates. Personally I can't see a problem in updating track ads unless the original track maker is also doing them but this usually is not the case. Good luck anyway, a lot of the ads can probably be found on this website in some form or other
Well some of the GP4 Argentina tracks are already released using my work without my permission, so I don't think I can really stop you from releasing anything.

I would be happy to work with you on some tracks, as I may have some more updated versions than you have

X (@ed24f1)
I think it best if I don't release them then but suggest I send them to you? You will able to do a better job but at least its a base to work with? Can you send me your pm to david.moore857@ntlworld.com and I'll send them as I do them.
To SchueyFan - my email is down at present. You could send me a pm and I'll try and arrange to upload the files somewhere for you.
Also, I would prefer that you wait until after the races, because we don't know exactly where the logos will be.

X (@ed24f1)
Okay, fair enough. Just let me know if you want to look at the revised wads and I'll upload them somewhere for you. I'll just use them myself for now.
I'm interested not only in the update but also how to update them!
I am not going to release anything because there seems to be an issue with original work being used in the GP4 Argentina 2010 update tracks. However what I have done for myself is not difficult and probably not good enough to be released. I have simply used the same size tex's which featured Bridgestone ad's mainly and resized tga's from Google images of Pirelli and done a swap. Its very straightforward but a bit laborious.
Are you going to know what ads are going to be in F1 in the year 20K? ;) (come on guys! that one was easy ;) )

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
If you look at the Australian Grand Prix facebook page you can see where most of the 2011 ads are.
[www.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy