Frame Rate Problems

Posted by Paolo_Ferrari 
Frame Rate Problems
Date: February 05, 2003 07:28PM
Posted by: Paolo_Ferrari
I have just bought GP4. Having installed the game it set me at a frame rate of about 15 f/per second. Is this normal with my specification as i thought it would/should go faster?
I have :

AMD Athalon 2000+
512 SDRAM
40 Gig Hard Drive
54X CD-ROM
32 MEG TNT2 M64 Graphics Card
Windows 98ME

At present i am running a resolution of 800x600 due to an old monitor (does this matter?).

Any help would be much appriciated, Paolo.
ps seems to rum slow even with a seemingly low detain level
Re: Frame Rate Problems
Date: February 05, 2003 08:21PM
Posted by: Morbid
32 MEG TNT2 M64 Graphics Card

This is your problem. Your machine, with a proper GFX card, should be able to produce double the amount of FPS, at 1024x768 with high detail settings.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 05, 2003 10:48PM
Posted by: raztahz
15 fps is very slow... with that much memory and speed...
have you tried config you graphics yet?
from lookin you may get around 25 to about 30 fps

ps.. my sugesstion, get a new monitor 17" inch and graphics card
64mb maybe :)

Date: February 06, 2003 02:29AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
and a soundcard to take the load off..
Date: February 06, 2003 03:02AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
well...i'm using the same card too...but i get more fps than you =P
24fps...and my system spec is way lower than yours...

Date: February 06, 2003 03:15AM
Posted by: mortal
Take a look at the speeding up gp4! thread on this page, there is a link to a f1graphics.cfg file, download and test.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 06, 2003 05:18AM
Hi, thanks for all the help. I will buy a new graphics card and monitor as soon as i can. However, Raztahz asked if i had to config my graphics yet. I have tried the graphics options in the game but i still seem unable to get above 20f per sec even with very little detail. Or does he mean i can config my graphics with the graphics card itself?
Date: February 06, 2003 06:22AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
Per haps he meant edited the f1graphics.cfg in the GP4 folder. I've modified one which has helped others - is in the Awesome cars thread.
Download it and replace original - delete all, start and end game to regain original:)
Date: February 06, 2003 10:58AM
Posted by: Alex13
A friend of mine, has TN2 M64 and he has 18 fps with med details, and a p4 1.7 CPU. How many fps do you get?

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: February 06, 2003 12:09PM
Between 15 an 18 depending on graphic settings. Having looked at other posts most people with similar or less spec seem to get a much better frame rate and with better graphics than i do. Just cant figure out why though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy