Speeding up GP4!

Posted by Go Alesi 
Speeding up GP4!
Date: February 04, 2003 02:30PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I know that there have been many posts on this topic, including Nuno Espan someone (sorry, no offence) super fast Gp4. I have searched for this topic on this and other forums, but non of the points mentioned work.

I have found my optimum in the game menus, and have set the cars in the mirrors to be seen to only 50m, but that is all I can do. I got fed up with 17FPS so have set it to 21FPS. I don't bother with the PO reading any more because I've heard it sends the PO up pressing it (although i didn't have any probems with sky messages, so I don't know if this happens with me).

In the dry, lap one of Spa for example takes 4secs more than it does in game, Austria and Brazil (the two tracks with the highest PO for me) take the same.

It is a bit slow sometimes though, and I would like to get it faster, so I can play in the wet. I'd like to get about 20% PO less (even though the reading might be wrong, it's wrong by the same amount every time!) so it's back to where it was at 17FPS.

Has anybody got any tweaks in the f1grpahics config that could do this please? I have car and track geometry on low, so there's nothing that can be gained by lowering cull points, and I have the mirrors set to cars only at 50m.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Speeding up GP4!
Date: February 04, 2003 02:45PM
Posted by: ArexonsF1
Go to the sound menu, advanced, and set the "other cars sound" volume to 0. In my case, the PO dropped from 210% to 105%!
Date: February 05, 2003 03:31AM
Posted by: mortal
Performance is also dependant on your system and the type of drivers used. Have you tested the cfg file posted by AveryGPFan? Link is in the awesome cars thread, could be worth a try for you. You can also force 16 bit res in the cfg file, that can help somewhat too. Good luck with it ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 05, 2003 10:04AM
I've tried the config file yes, and 16bit textures. The sound of the other cars hits my PO by about 7%. I know this because ' the start of a race, it rises this much when the other engine sounds start. I have also tried the hardware acceleration thing with the sound.

Any other ideas anyone? I want 4FPS!!!

Thanks

Date: February 05, 2003 01:30PM
Posted by: Beardless2
i notice ur using dets 28.40, try 30.xx or 40.xx/41.xx? or try overclocking a little if ur desperate

Post Edited (02-05-03 20:31)

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: February 05, 2003 01:43PM
Posted by: _Alex_
Go Alesi, try this config...

[homepage.ntlworld.com]

It was created by Alan (sorry mate, I don't know your surname) and resulted in a vast increase in FPS for many people. Back up your old f1graphics.cfg then overwrite it with this. Then try Gp4! Good luck!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: February 06, 2003 11:48AM
I tried the config file. Result, 0.5FPS extra!

I can't overclock my PC as I don't know how, and I don't want to. Most people who have tried the new drivers say they don't make any difference in GP4. And several of them are for Windows 2000 or XP etc. I only have 98!

I'll try them when I get my new 'super' computer. (P4 2.66, GF4 Ti4800, 512MB DDR, WinXP). If that gets Gp4 running, it 'should' run @ about what I want (ie 30FPS, everything maxed (except videowalls and heat haze) with the PO not going above 100% in the wet. BUT, I want GP4 to run well on this one incase it won't run on the new one (XP!) and so that I can play network games with my brother on the 2!

Thanks for the help, and any more would be appreciated!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy