patch 9.6 and decrypted nocd

Posted by Pooky 
patch 9.6 and decrypted nocd
Date: February 04, 2003 11:04AM
Posted by: Pooky
i have got the patch installed.

and i have somehow got the game to run without the cd in by still using the gp4.exe file in the c:\\infogrames folder.

but when i try and patch it with something like 3.31 etc. it says it needs to be a decrypted version of gp4.exe to work. none of my perf. editors etc. work.

and when i download the 9.6nocd file i try to run it from the gp4 folder and it does not work??? i think it replaces to original gp4.exe file does it not?

can anyone help me?

PS: i want to get a rough idea of how fast a driver i am. i have managed 1m19.648 at silverstone with just auto gears and TC on. NO steering help. has anyone else done laps faster??
Re: patch 9.6 and decrypted nocd
Date: February 04, 2003 12:10PM
Posted by: tux
u need to dl the new editors that support the patch

bruno, can we have a sticky thread to tell peeps why the editors dont work? its getting really anoying that they dont know how to use the search button :P

Date: February 04, 2003 12:33PM
Posted by: Glyn
I have to agree dUmAsS (see, correct spelling and casing! ;)), but if we have one sticky, then people will start requesting more and more, and in the end the first page will be full of stickies.

Date: February 04, 2003 01:11PM
hehe,

ok. then have like the gp3 forum the FAQ thing at the top

Date: February 05, 2003 04:06AM
Posted by: mortal
That's a good idea, will you write it D? :-) Back to topic, there is a no_cd exe for the patched and unpatched versions, that is v1 and v1.02 respectivley, I think that is the correct numbers used, anyway check in your credits menu to see what version you are actually running. Most of the editors now work with the patched exe but some of them not with the no_cd patched exe. It's all a bit of trial and error really finding out what works and what doesn't :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 05, 2003 09:27AM
ok...

FAQ
-----

1. why wont my pc turn on?
... try pressing the big red button named ON :P

2. why wont gp4 play
... coz u dont have a good enough pc

3. how can i be more like jon
... you cant teach this, it just happens :) :P

Date: February 06, 2003 07:17AM
Posted by: Pooky
or

why wont the game play,

because u have to install it first
you need to buy it from a shop first
you need to use money
you need to have elctricity and it goes on...................

my game runs perfecto.

i have a p3 1000, 640ram 40 gigahd, win xp, geforce 440 64mb graphics card etc.

i have pissed around with the notepad file, and get po of 40 - 50, framerate set at about 26, and superb graphics and resolution at 1024x800 (or whatever it is) with 90% of things turned on.

so there DUM-ASS.
Date: February 06, 2003 07:38AM
chuck us ure f1gfx.cfg plz :P i think the problem is that with faster pcs gp4 hogs it all so i might need a new psu

Date: February 06, 2003 01:05PM
Posted by: Glyn
3. how can i be more like jon
... you cant teach this, it just happens :P

You know its happened when you wake up in the morning with a mop on your head :)

JK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy