GP4 Startup [fixed]

Posted by Lumpy20 
GP4 Startup [fixed]
Date: February 18, 2011 01:23PM
Posted by: Lumpy20
Hi

Reinstalled GP4 and program starts, shows the Macrovision logo - screen, goes to black screen then drops out back to the XP Desktop.

I have tried compatibility mode, 98/ME, at low resolution but the same.

The problem happens with both my and my friends genuine install CD.

I have not updated this install to Patch 9.6, but previously this did not make any difference, the game still gave an error and dropped out.

BOX:

Thermaltake 450W
GA-EP35C-DS3R
4 GB DDR2-800
Geforce-GT250 - 1GB
2 x 500GB WD
2 x LG DVD-CD/RW
XP Pro SP3

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 09:50PM by mortal.
Re: GP4 Startup
Date: February 18, 2011 01:56PM
Posted by: mortal
Remove any directx sdk if installed. Set the refresh rate of your monitor to standard. ie:60hz
Install GP4
Install the 9.6 official patch
Install the v1.02 no_cd and set compatibility to XP SP2 (download from this site)
Install gpx patch, set cpu to 1, set verbosity to medium
run
post error log

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 18, 2011 02:00PM
Posted by: Lumpy20
Hi Solution found:

[www.realgpx.com] add /Pages/UGG.php

"GP4 only shows me a black screen and come back to desktop at starting

This trouble has been experimented by several users and is related to printer drivers that has been installed.

So if you have useless printer drivers, remove them and if the matter is still not solved, reinstall your current drivers (there's also maybe an updated version on the net)."

I removed drivers for Auto Printer on the Laptop which we occassionally connect to the LAN and the program now starts and runs OK.

This issue is resolved.

Regards,

KH
Date: February 18, 2011 03:19PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I'm glad to see that my guide is still useful :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy