Moderation: Best proof

Posted by Bruno 
Re: Moderation: Best proof
Date: February 05, 2003 04:20AM
Posted by: Dizzoau
I agree with G Force, that these forums do NOT need to be any more moderated than they already are.
Date: February 05, 2003 07:30AM
Posted by: Morbid
Well, if enough of you say that, then perhaps you can convince Bruno and Stephan. But I am pretty sure that will take a lot more posters (wink, wink at those that have not posted, who agree with G_Force and Dizzoau).

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 05, 2003 08:04AM
Posted by: Vader
Despite all the heated discussions I bear Dizzoau no grudge. They have my support.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 05, 2003 08:15AM
Posted by: sasjag
i agree with Morbid ;)

if we have to have a moderator tho, i ould prefer someone who is already in the community rather than someone who doesn't vist very often and so doens't know what it is really like here

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 05, 2003 09:50AM
Posted by: Breadfan
Bruno, about 6-7 days ago I've send u an email about my offer to moderate this forum.
I didn't make any posts here but I read it a LOT, I also hang around at HG and other GP4 boards.

Since u obviously (for whatever reason), didn't get that email, I now make my 'aplication' public.
I have fast connection, am available for most of the time, and moderate my own message board (has about 8500 posts and almost 400 members) so u can say I know thing or two about how it works.

If u're still having trouble finding people, I think u should give me a chance.

Hope to hear from ya,

Breadfan
P.S.
I have made a 2003 BAR carshape but I'm stuck with remapping textures for it.
All we need is a 2003 liveries - I have all the 2k3 launch photos, so if anyone here wants to help out, please let me know..
Date: February 05, 2003 10:23AM
Posted by: tux
hmm...

ive been orderd by morbib to post what i think about this :P

i think that if we must have mods then vader or mobid should be because they seem to be the ones that everyone looks up to? :P

Date: February 05, 2003 10:52AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ok im here at last.

First i agree with morbid on all his points..they are well-thought out (as usual) and will work perfectly. However, what i think we need is minimal moderation where moderators do very little - i.e. have the ability to lock threads and in extreme cases delete or block but first of all it should be a communal decision (as was the case on cai9 and ballard).

The last thing we want is randomly deleted threads.

I also agree with dumass ;) , i think either morbid or vader or preferably both should be made moderators, as, no offence breadfan, they are well known, have been here as long as i can remember (long ;)) and are respected.

***new idea just appeared into head****

How about some of the most frequent members get a "sub moderator" title - they have the ability to lock, (in extreme circumstances delete threads) but they act for the rest of the community

e.g. an extreme person comes into the forums and posts random abuse and / or rasist posts, then the rest of the community do not want certain posts/ some threads and they are therefore locked or deleted quickly and he is banned by the "main moderator" namely Bruno and Stephan

Date: February 05, 2003 10:56AM
Posted by: tux
nah, coz then there will be a mod championship on, the one to lock most threads in 3 days wins :P jk

i think just 2 mods (along with bruno and stephan) are good

Date: February 05, 2003 06:20PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
Despite all the heated discussions I bear Dizzoau no grudge.

Thanks Vader.

i think just 2 mods (along with bruno and stephan) are good

I think the 2 mods we already have are good enough.
Date: February 06, 2003 01:08PM
Posted by: Glyn
I think the two mods we already have is good enough too. This forum really moderates its self, and we just need a few guys to close the threads that really need closing.

Date: February 07, 2003 01:57AM
Posted by: AliMurray
Can anyone explain the point of moderation?

Let's remember if someone here is abusive or just plain stupid, its not like getting your head kicked in - there is no pain. Just ignore them and they will get bored and go away. If they are being moderated, the chances are they will go out of their way to be controversial for the perverse satisfaction of being banned - these sort of people don't tend to be terribly well adjusted socially!

I think we are all intelligent enough to be able to ignore idiots.

Furthermore, if a thread goes way off topic, does it actually matter? As long as the people contributing are enjoying themselves, what's the probem?

Ali
Date: February 08, 2003 09:28AM
Posted by: Glyn
The thing is people get annoyed having to read past somebodys continuous stream of stupid and pointless posts, but I kinda agree, its a better to ignore than to attract people who just want to get banned.

Furthermore, if a thread goes way off topic, does it actually matter? As long as the people contributing are enjoying themselves, what's the probem?

There is no problem as long as when somebody posts a comment or question that is on-topic it isnt ignored. Which, usually it isnt, which is good.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy