Does a FF MOMO FORCE work on gp4?

Posted by BYF 
Does a FF MOMO FORCE work on gp4?
Date: February 01, 2003 04:21AM
Posted by: BYF
Hi

Ive recently bought a logitech momo force FF wheel to play my pc racing games on (gpl and gp4), however i can't get it working on gp4!! :(
On the non-patched gp4 with addons it just crashes at start (black screen) when im using the wheel and pedals.

BUT...
On the patched version the game seem ok with the wheel and pedals caliberating ok and i can even adjuct the FF scaling. However when i start the actual game play my brake pedal doesn't work at all!! :( everything else seems ok though with FF working and the accelerater working!!

Any ideas why i have no brakes???

I have combined axis turned off in controller settings in control panel and am using XP PRO.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Cheers
BYF
Re: Does a FF MOMO FORCE work on gp4?
Date: February 01, 2003 04:56AM
Posted by: sht56
That's really strange, I'm using XP home edition and I've not experinced any problems with this steering wheel on any driving game.

Try this though it may help, go to you game controller menu in control panel and remove all game controller devices except for the momo force. If this doesn't work try updating your logitech drivers.
Date: February 01, 2003 05:11AM
Posted by: BYF
I have updated to the latest logitech drivers and the momo works fine on gpl and nascar. I just tried turning on combined axis a minute ago and now gp4 patched version works now with brakes!! It seems that gp4 does not like split axis accelerator and brake pedal as when its on split axis i still have no brake!! Split axis thou is an absolute must in order to drive fast and realistically.

Is this yet another bug with gp4?? NO SPLIT AXIS??

Im really getting annoyed with this damm game now, its so badly coded it isn't true. for instance if i turn sound acceleration off i can increase my fps by 10 fps!! this should be the other way around surely. Also if i turn on anistropic filtering even on my gf4 ti4600 with AF set to 2x i get a big PO increase!!

I bought Grand prix legends a few months ago and its the best thing ive ever done in the gaming world its superb with no bugs and matches gp4 graphically with all the addons and doesn't need a super computer to get over 35fps!! Plus its has far superior physics and handling and is a joy to play and can be played online with a 33k modem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: February 01, 2003 06:20AM
Posted by: Vader
I run my Logitech MOMO with split axis and have no problem at all.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 01, 2003 06:37AM
Posted by: tux
i hope it does, coz if it doesnt then how do i explain wot ive been using in gp4 all this time then :s

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy