crash

Posted by nicolas 
crash
Date: January 29, 2003 01:35AM
Posted by: nicolas
If i change the name of the drivers in GP4, with all circuits, the crash (return to the deskop windows) appears after i pass the line (start/finish) when GP4 displays the difference between the players.

GP4 is patched with version 9.6
GP4 is installed on another partition (F)
W98 - AMD Athlon 1Ghz- 256 Mo DDR - GeForce GTS 32Mo DDR

thanks for response

nicolas
Re: crash
Date: January 29, 2003 02:09AM
Posted by: mortal
Hmmm, interesting, have you tested this without changing the names? Are you using gpx_patch v3.31 for gp4v1.02? Changing driver names should not affect performance as far as I know. Anyone else got thoughts on this?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 29, 2003 02:16AM
If i don't changed the names, it's ok, i have made the test with and without GpxPatch for V1.02 and it's the same.

nicolas
Date: January 29, 2003 02:25AM
Posted by: mortal
Where are you changing the names? In the driver menus? In CSC4 or GP4Master? Out of interest how many names are you changing, is it just one or more? How many more. I can't see why changing the names would cause a desktop crash. Have you set gpx_patch to run in debug mode and verbosity to high, a log file will be created on a forced exit, the log will detail the error causing the crash. Post the log file to the SDI forum with your query (gpx_patch home forum).

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 29, 2003 05:54AM
I've changed all the names by the drivers menu of the game. if i changed only one the crash appears if i belows or preceeds a drivers who the names has been changed when the game displays the difference between players.

Like you, i don't understand why changing names the names would crash.

I will try with GpxPatch and send the log in the next days.

nicolas
Date: January 29, 2003 06:13AM
Posted by: LarryM
I know this one, Nicolas. The same happened to me. Don't change them in the menu. I use GP4 edit. It has a few other handy things., eg. you can change what tyres the cars are using and of course change the name of the team etc. I have had no problem... well except remembering which taem goes where.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 29, 2003 08:10AM
Ok, Larry, it's fantastic, i meet someone who have had the same problem,
but there is a little difference because i've have choosen to change the names of the drivers in the menus of the game, because, the problem occured the first time when i 've changed the names by GP4Edit, i have done a test with CSC4 and result is the same.

The partition where is installed the game is important ?
What is the Direct X version you use (8.1 for me)?
Is there problem know whith NVidia GeForce GTS 32 Mo DDR?

Post Edited (01-29-03 15:10)

nicolas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy