GP4 .exe and Tweaker Utility

Posted by twgavin 
GP4 .exe and Tweaker Utility
Date: January 28, 2003 08:06AM
Posted by: twgavin
OK,
Once again I prove the severity of my learning disability when it comes to patching GP games.
I have GP4 patched in the following order:
Official 1.02 upgrade
NO-CD decrypted exe. for v 9.6
gpxpatch 3.03
All is fine, no-cd works, gpxpatch opens the game BUT:
when I try to install and run the GP4 Tweaker utility I get a 'invalid .exe' msg.
So, which .exe is Tweaker looking for,
and how do I best go about getting Tweaker to run.
Thanks,
Tim

twgavin
Re: GP4 .exe and Tweaker Utility
Date: January 28, 2003 08:27AM
Posted by: Lo2k
I just did the same on saturday and had the same matter, so I suppose that GP4 tweaker only works with the decrypted v1.0 exe...So your "error" might be to use 1.02v instead of v1.02 : /

Date: January 28, 2003 08:35AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
eah it works with v1.0 only. I contacted the author many times but no response. I asked him many times to make it compatible with the new version (i need the black flag disabler for more reality).

During v1.0 version i had a good contact to author but now - nothing.

Try it also plz. Hope there's a chance for it.

@Lo2k: If we cant get a new version of gp4disabler (tweaker) do you think its possible for you to create a tool which disables black flags?

You made really good tools (tex resizer is one of the best for carset designers) - so i hope you can do it.

P.S. I think name of the author is madman. You can find the email addy on alphaf1.com's download site (dont like alpha but therefore some marketing ;) )

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: January 28, 2003 08:37AM
Posted by: Ellis
I asked him many times to make it compatible with the new version

thats possibly where you went wrong. If he does not want to make it, then asking him for it wont want him to make it anymore

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 28, 2003 10:15AM
Posted by: twgavin
Thanks for the confirmation - I also wrote Madman but as yet no response, which is why I brought the issue here.
As usual the forum comes up with a quick and accurate resolution.
TWG

twgavin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy