New Carshapes

Posted by intweb 
New Carshapes
Date: January 28, 2003 04:31AM
Posted by: intweb
Hi,
Can I just ask a quick question, I was playing with a new download last night - the 2002 Jordan reshape (can't remember who made it - sorry!), but it was VERY good, it came with new texture files, but I have fiddled with my games version, so just copied across the structure files.

The question I have is that as I have only updated the Hi_Jordan textures and left the normal textures as the original (2002) version, it appears the new carshape uses both types, as when the car drives past in external view - one minute it has DHL (as per original Lo-Spec image) and then its gone (as per my updated Hi-Spec image).

So - to cut a LONG story short, is this the case, do you need to overwrite both files (Hi and Lo) even if u have textures set to max?

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Steve.

Ps. Am using GPMaster, can anyone tell me what I need to be able to amend the wire-frame structures??

Re: New Carshapes
Date: January 28, 2003 07:23AM
Posted by: Ellis
The files have not been downsampled correctly

Open GP4Master - load the tex files that your jordan is using. Click the downsample button, resave them. Recompile the wad, load in GP4, and see the results

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 28, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: Glyn
Im gonna have to say CSC4 is better for this or Dumbass will kill me :)

Date: January 29, 2003 02:16AM
Posted by: Ellis
CSC4 is TOO smart for some things in GP4 :(

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 29, 2003 06:24AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
you only need to edit the 'hi' textures. :)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy