Regarding Awesome cars

Posted by LarryM 
Regarding Awesome cars
Date: January 28, 2003 12:32AM
Posted by: LarryM
Listen up. Because the minardi is in the prost slot and the toyota is in the minardi slot, the toyota and minardi cars in the wrong garages. I changed the pitcrews, but how do I change the garages.

I gave some wrong advice to a guy on the alphaf1 forum (he using AveryGPfan's wad) His pitcrews wereall right (and I told him to change them
:-o.)
Then I noticed I had the garage problem. So I switched the cars( car shape files, textures, cockpits and helmets). Now it is ok.
so 2 questions:

1. I still have a number of hi_toyota or is it minardi files. Some files are tga. What do I do with these, should I rename them like the other tex files?

2. Better still, if I stuck with my previous averyGPwad (garages are the wrong way) how do I switch just the garages? Which file are they in?

Learning is a rewarding experience, but I do feel a fool after giving the wrong advice:(

Post Edited (01-28-03 07:34)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: Regarding Awesome cars
Date: January 28, 2003 02:51AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
Don't know yet where garage files are kept would be good to get the right ones.. don't worry about tga files in the wad, they were for skins in zmodeler- they shouldn't have any affect.
Re: Regarding Awesome cars
Date: January 28, 2003 03:30AM
Posted by: LarryM
Thanks. Good. The cars seemed to look ok, but I didn't have time this morning to check properly. I wondered about the cars.wad files beginning with "hi_ " , I can' remember if these were the tga-files. Anyway not all cars had hi_-type files.

I now have the garages in the right place for the cars- as I said I renamed the cars putting Minardi back in it's original place and placing the toyota files in prost. This is a complicated way of getting the cars into the right garage, but it works. i need to double-check that the pitcrew are right after these changes.
maybe some bright spark will tell us where the garage files are.

BTW, maybe the tga files explain why my cars.wad is now up to 130 mb :-o
It's really weird how it has grown whilst editing. Sometimes dealing with this file freezes explorer..
Can I delete the tga files?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy