V1.02 and bloody steeringwheel

Posted by pvisscher 
V1.02 and bloody steeringwheel
Date: January 26, 2003 01:59PM
Posted by: pvisscher
I know there is a problem with steeringwheels and V1.02 off GP4. I use a ACT-Labs ForceRS system and i cant get the wheel to work (calibrate) correctly in GP4. I know it lies on V1.02 because i replaced V1.02 with V1.00 and then it was fine again. Maybe one off the guys (or women) on this forum have a ForceRS wheel and know a way around this problem. I tried everything but nothing seems to work, please help.

Peter Visscher
Driver Team Racebase
Re: V1.02 and bloody steeringwheel
Date: January 27, 2003 02:56AM
Posted by: mortal
I have a Thrustmaster wheel and when I installed the patch I lost the separate axis function, the solution was to restore my gp4 to pre-patch, there was no reply from support and no-one on any gp4 forum was able to solve the problem. Even attempting to force it using Thrustmapper software failed. Good luck :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 27, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: Beardless2
there is a readme that comes with 1.02 that tells u about the steering wheels and how to fix the problems

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: January 27, 2003 01:00PM
Posted by: pvisscher
Thx. for the replys guys, i don't think there is a solution for it, i just have to use version 1.00 off GP4. Thats not a problem for myself but for the leaugue i'm racing in, they use the patched game and i don't think they want to switch back to version 1.00 for only one guy having troubles with his steeringwheel.

And yes there are some readme files that came with the patch and one you could download from the official GP4site, but they just explain to setup your wheel correctly for combined and separate Axis, i figured that one out myself already, so you do not have a big help with those readme files unless you don't know how to setup your wheel in GP4.

I will cross my fingers and hope that there will be a solution for it soon...maybe a second patch???? Hint hint. It is to strange for words really, they bring out a patch that supposuly fixes the majority off problems, but create other problem(s) in the progress, why change the controllers settings anyway? where there troubles with it in version 1.00? Not to my nolige, but then again i do not know much.

Peter Visscher
Driver Team Racebase
Date: July 25, 2003 04:22AM
Posted by: captainvik
@mortal wombat

is your Thrustmaster the F1 FF wheel ?

I also would like asolution so I can use the GP4 patched version and get

split axis working.

I went back to gp4 v1.0 to try it out and much prefer being able to brake and accel at same time through corners.....

... however I get much better performance with the patched version and do not like the ugly sky messages in version 1.0

so did you or anyone else work it out eventually ?

The TM forums are useless and the TM tech perople dont give a stuff.
same as the Infogrammes people.

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19&quot;Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: July 25, 2003 06:21AM
Posted by: Vader
Sadly mortalwombat disappeared months ago, so he won't probably answer you. :(

MORTAL, come back! We miss you soooooooooooooooooooooo much! :( :(

Post Edited (07-25-03 21:42)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 25, 2003 02:01PM
Posted by: FloP
Doesn't a custom controller configuration solve the problem?? I've got my TM FF GT wheel working with split axis (z=throttle, y=brake) with V 1.02 of GP4.
Date: July 26, 2003 01:50AM
Wish it did but on my TM F1 Forcefeedback Racing Wheel (Ferrari 2002 replica) it plain doesn't work and the reason is the lazy arse programmers at Thrustmaster have been promising a fix to the WIndows control calibration program since last October and still haven't delivered.... it needs an option to split axis / recognise z axis in the controller options.

Just thought someone may have solved this by now but seems not....

:(

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19&quot;Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: July 26, 2003 12:48PM
Maybe the OS is your problem? I'm on Win98 SE. Or another possibility, I don't run the drivers from the CD anymore but some from the TM homepage (V2.3.6). Maybe they've added the split axis option.
Date: July 26, 2003 05:00PM
I have win98se

drivers are latest

they STILL have not fixed split axis on Thrustmaster F1 FF Racing Wheel.

I constantly post on their forum about it as do others but the lazy

Prix just ignore.

Date: July 26, 2003 05:41PM
Posted by: MysticalCrayon
wtf? mortal? =S :-o

Date: July 27, 2003 04:33AM
So if you go to the System Control menu (or however it's called), choose Game Controllers, pick the wheel and click properties, can you check a box saying "operate pedals seperately"?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy