GP4 Weather Help!

Posted by daz1976 
GP4 Weather Help!
Date: January 26, 2003 06:58AM
Posted by: daz1976
Hello

Can anybody tell me. Is it possible to have a full season without a wet race. Have tried the old GP3 method of setting it at 0% but no joy in GP4.

Cheers

Daz
Re: GP4 Weather Help!
Date: January 26, 2003 07:23AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I don't think it's possible. The only possible way would be to use a weather editor, but I don't think there's one available for GP4.

Date: January 26, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: Glyn
I would of thought setting it at 0% chance of raining would mean you wont have a wet race.

Date: January 26, 2003 01:41PM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Yeah its possible.

For that use the magic track editor by marc aarts.

There you can set a rain chance for each track to "0".

Now there's no raining.

But why aren't you good enough to win a race during wet conditions?

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: January 26, 2003 02:14PM
Posted by: Vader
Can you walk on water?

Post Edited (01-26-03 21:15)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 27, 2003 01:32AM
Posted by: daz1976
Thanks for your input. Will try them.

And Yes ShimmyMike. I am good enough to win races in wet weather, just get annoyed at the slowdown sometimes and how GP4's weather at certain races is miles from reality. Melbourne rain 4 times in a row!!!!!

Cheers anyway

Daz
Date: January 27, 2003 02:39AM
I know what you mean daz! Im actually quite fast in the wet, espically round Silverstone and Spa, but it does cripple your computer. I tend to knock the res down a bit because I play at 1200x1024 and it runs OK.

Date: January 28, 2003 08:43AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Yep, its a small problem for somebody. But the weather grafics are really good in gp4. And therefore i love wet conditions.

@ Vader:

No i cant walk on water but i where happy if i could. ;)

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: January 28, 2003 01:01PM
Here is something to try. Turn sound accel right off in Windows, and crank GP4 to max res and detail and play Spa in the wet. From the TV cam is looks stunning!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy