I have a dream..

Posted by AveryGPFan 
I have a dream..
Date: January 25, 2003 10:41PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
Actually I had a dream, was very odd.
Basically my computer was scrolling text like when Cstrike loads up except it was for GP4. For some reason I got panicky thinking it was a hacker and aborted back to desktop but the sense of excitement at being able to start a GP4 session....
Cumon there must be someway!! Is it legal - unlocking wads and modifying orignal textures and shapes is surely not legal. Can't someone hack into GP4 and enable multiplayer.
In most games there's there's your computer other players computer's and a server, obviously there's no third party server for GP4 - what was the situation in GP3 then?? Can one player host and several others join....
This really gets my wick up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..
Re: I have a dream..
Date: January 26, 2003 12:08AM
Posted by: mortal
Who said that? :-) multiplayer is possible, ideally over a LAN and over the net using gpx_patch. Read the html help files attached to gpx_patch for further info on the multiplayer capabilties of gp4.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 26, 2003 12:45AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
Patch3.20 uses Directplay which is part of Directx. Just tried to host a session which should be possible. Entered my IP into Host IP address in GPxPatch start GP4 enter IP into Host name. First time round connect option became available - when choose to connect message comes up saying You need Directplay v7 or higher!! Am using 8.1 ...wanted to take scnshot of message but when I tried to do it again connect became option not available.... any ideas??

Post Edited (01-26-03 08:36)

Date: January 26, 2003 05:28AM
Posted by: mortal
Ask this at the SDI forum, it's possible that Rene' (SDI) will know the answer to that one :-) [1ka.org]

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 26, 2003 03:29PM
Posted by: andrew_S
its too much to do what you are asking unfortunatly :( you would need a massive re write of the game code :-(
Date: January 27, 2003 02:44AM
Posted by: Glyn
I think to do this you would need the source code for the game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy