Driving in the wet

Posted by teunieeegp4 
Driving in the wet
Date: November 25, 2010 01:40PM
Posted by: teunieeegp4
Hello all, i have a few question about driving in the wet.

What is the difference between hard wet en soft wet tyres ?

Is there a grip level for wet tyres of something else what the tyre choice is of the cc-cars.?

I like driving in the wet but sometimes give grand prix 4 my wrong tyres in the begin screen!

I hope one o you can tell me more about a driving in the with good tyres, i break earlier in the corners to have a better exit.

Bye
Re: Driving in the wet
Date: November 25, 2010 02:56PM
Posted by: ChrisJ
Basically, I've never used hard wets in GP4 during my time in league racing. The thing is that the soft wets provide a lot more grip (due to softer rubber) which is an even bigger advantage in the wet. You have to be careful though as they are worn really quickly especially when there's less water on the track. The harder compound provides less grip but lasts for a longer distance.

I'm actually not quite sure about the CC cars but I presume, their tyre choice depends on the strategy data (which is defined in the magic data of the track). So they're determined randomally all over the CC field, also in the wet.

So as a conclusion: I've always left out the harder tyres in GP4 as the soft tyres providing a lot more grip easily make up the fact, they're wearing more quickly.

regards
chris
Re: Driving in the wet
Date: November 26, 2010 12:58PM
Posted by: teunieeegp4
Thanks for you information ChrisJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy