What the hel is going on in F1Alpha?

Posted by LarryM 
Re: What the hel is going on in F1Alpha?
Date: January 23, 2003 10:38AM
Posted by: Covfan
Is there a complete track pack for Bruno?
Date: January 23, 2003 11:12AM
Posted by: LarryM
Yes, 2002 and 2001Go to Richard Lampert's website for these:

[driving.multiplayer.it]

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 23, 2003 12:59PM
Posted by: Glyn
Maybe somebody should post this thread at Alpha F1? :)

Date: January 23, 2003 02:41PM
Posted by: Alex13
Glyn wrote:

> Maybe somebody should post this thread at Alpha F1? :)
>

lol R u crazy? ;)

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 23, 2003 03:21PM
Well, if the first thread (which he shut down) stirred things up, the second has done even better. By drawing attention to the shut down I seem to have stirred up a real hornet's nest. matti's faithful members seem to have found a valve to release their frustration. Well... he still has not responded.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 23, 2003 03:29PM
Posted by: Alex13
HE is nutzzzzzzzz ( i hope he reads that) He should call Billy Crystal from the movie "Analyze this" to help him with his problem

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: January 23, 2003 03:31PM
Posted by: Ellis
He wont respond cos he knows hes wrong here. There is no other real point of view becuase wot he is doing is childish

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 24, 2003 03:18AM
Ellis wrote:

> He wont respond cos he knows hes wrong here. There is no
> other real point of view becuase wot he is doing is childish
>

Yeah, couldnt of said it better myself. Maybe its a good thing that the faithful members have found the right valve to release, because whats the fun in a forum where you cant help people to enhance their game because the download is on another site?

Date: January 24, 2003 03:33AM
I got tons of support from Matti's members. But now he totally removed both posts.
hehehehehe! Poor *******.
;)

Larry
Date: January 24, 2003 04:34AM
Posted by: Turbonutter
Tell you something else that really p****s me off with that site - those f***ing popups.

My anti-popup software used to take care of it, but now when i go the site, it comes up with another page saying ive been blocked access for using it.

Really does **** me off
Date: January 24, 2003 05:10AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
from the link i get in i never have pop-ups...
[alphaf1.host.sk]

and btw, i knew that the topics would disappear eheheheh that's normal..

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: January 24, 2003 08:15AM
I get 4 pop-ups per page, and someitmes if u close them u get an 'exit' pop-up (another one opens)

Pop-up-@#$%&-city

and btw, i knew that the topics would disappear eheheheh that's normal..

and childish

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 24, 2003 08:16AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
The pop-ups only occur when you go to the download sites:GP2,3 & 4 etc.
when you go to forums direct, there are none.

I used to go there as a primary source for my downloads, but seeing as the amount of the software available on his main GP4 site is getting less & less, I've already chosen others for that purpose.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: January 24, 2003 01:29PM
Alpha F1 is going down hill. It used to have every addon available, now this site has lots more.

Date: January 24, 2003 01:38PM
Posted by: Vader
alpha schmalpha

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 24, 2003 02:14PM
Posted by: mercedes
Hi guys!

I´m out "lurking" on these two forums every day, don´t post much except when I have something to contribute with. My feeling is that there is some old grudge lying about. Anyway, I don´t think it is benefitiall to anyone, this
"competition between forums". Have been a victim myself of the redirecting of URL:rs on AlphaF1. As an example when I tried to show a link to some news of the coming official patch. I was told not to believe everything sayed
on other sights. (The patch was released a few days later). Never got an excuse or explanation of that remark.

Rgds,
Date: January 24, 2003 05:05PM
The pop-ups only occur when you go to the download sites:GP2,3 & 4 etc.
when you go to forums direct, there are none.

Thats because Matti did not build that forum, he simply paid for it and its hosted elsewhere,so he cant program pop-ups in. If he cud, he wud

Also, u dont need to go to the download pages, u just have to go to the home page

Anyway, I don´t think it is benefitiall to anyone, this
"competition between forums"

There is no competition, it is just matti. There is no anti-AlphaF1 here (until this thread), but its stupid over at Alpha.

Date: January 24, 2003 06:02PM
Posted by: metal-mike
It's not "stupid" over at AlphaF1, it's one small thing that seems have been blown out of all proportion.

And forgive me for saying so, but some people seem to take that as bait to put other people down as in "my site is better than your site - nyaaahhh!!".

Honestly, who gives a ****? If you don't like it, don't go there! If there is one small part you don't agree with, ignore it

OK, so Matti may be being a bit weird not allowing remote links etc., but don't start bickering over it! Just go somewhere else! And don't say you shouldn't have to go somewhere else, it is completely up to him what he puts on his site.

Post Edited (01-25-03 01:10)

mikehoyer80@hotmail.com
Date: January 25, 2003 09:04AM
Posted by: Turbonutter
And completely up to us if we want to moan about it :P
Date: January 25, 2003 01:01PM
it is completely up to him what he puts on his site.

It is up to him what he puts there, but if he paying to have the site hosted (webspace etc) it should be in his interest to get visitors, and doing strange things in the forums will just annoy people and force them to leave.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy