What the hel is going on in F1Alpha?

Posted by LarryM 
What the hel is going on in F1Alpha?
Date: January 21, 2003 07:58AM
Posted by: LarryM
I just tried to make a link to AveryGPfan's "awesome cars" post on a post in F1 alpha. I wa srecommending downloading this fantastic cars.wad. The damed forum engine seemed to change my www.grandprix3 and www. grandprixgames.org links to read F1alpha etc, and then announced that "page not found". I joked about sabotage at first, but after 3 attempts, I don't think it is a joke. Is there some kind of feud goin on? What's it about? Does it have something to do with which end you open a boiled egg?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: What the hel is going on in F1Alpha?
Date: January 21, 2003 08:07AM
Posted by: Ellis
The man who runs it (Matti), has a bit of an attitude. Everytime another site is entered, it chanegs it to AlphaF1. He deletes lots of otrher posts and stuff like that. As far as i know, Bruno has no problem with Matti, but Matti has a bit of an attitude. Probably a bit psised off that gpgames.org got the best site

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 21, 2003 08:22AM
Posted by: Morbid
It has been this way for a looong time. We even discussed this way back in Ye Olde Phorum days.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: January 21, 2003 08:26AM
Yesm but it is getting worse now. If it is true EMAC is doing it then it is getting truely out of hand. The point in these mods is to make the game as best as it can. It is not a compeition. I had a look on EMACs forum and didnt find it, but i hope its not true as EMAC is a truly nice guy

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 21, 2003 09:48AM
Posted by: tux
yeah, i had fun trying to figure out why it was doing it when i tryed to link to genius upped at gpgames

Date: January 21, 2003 10:30AM
Posted by: Vader
That's the reason why I sometimes make fun of these alpha habits. Every once in a while when someone asks in this forum where to find stuff I pretend it's like Alpha here and post:

Try to look at

[www.gramdprix3.com]
[www.gramdprix3.com]
[www.gramdprix3.com]
[www.gramdprix3.com]
[www.gramdprix3.com]
[www.gramdprix3.com]
or
[www.gramdprix3.com]

I then immediately do the next post, pretending to be surprised that everytime I typed [www.grandprix3.com], it autiomatically turned into [www.grandprix3.com]
:D

- Ellis
I don't think it is just because "our" site is better then Alpha why Matti is pissed, it is certainly also because Bruno is the better track designer. Normally I like Finnland and its people very much - this Matti guy however is strange.

Post Edited (01-21-03 17:32)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 21, 2003 10:53AM
Posted by: Covfan
You think he's wierd? He made me mod at his forums for christs sakes :D
Date: January 21, 2003 10:58AM
This does not speak for you ;-)

Besides I think he is weird, not wierd.

The wierd is a chunky animal that weighs 1.8 to 2.3 kg. Its total body length, 40 to 60 cm, includes a bushy tail that is about 10 cm in length. It is about 15 to 18 cm tall at the shoulders. The wierd has short, powerful front legs with feet that contain very sharp claws. This combination of powerful legs and sharp claws allows the wierd to dig tunnels with ease. Its eyes, ears, and nose are located near the top of its head. This allows the wierd to see, hear, and smell without exposing its whole body to enemies. The wierd comes in a wide variety of colours but the most common is chestnut brown.

Home Range: The home range of the wierd is very small. It stays near its burrow and seldom travels more than 90 metres away.

Food: The wierd hibernates each winter and must build up thick layers of fat during the summer and fall seasons. It eats a wide variety of food, including grasses, clover, and grain. Favourite foods are apples and garden plants such as lettuce and cabbage. These eating habits make him very unpopular with farmers and gardeners.

Enemies: The wierd is slow moving, so it can be hunted by fast-moving animals such as wolves, coyotes, foxes, and dogs. Its main defense is its burrow. It stays close to the burrow and listens, looks, and smells for signs of danger. Any unusual sounds, movements, or smells send it scurrying for home and the safety of the burrow. Man is also an enemy and shoots the wierd to keep it from damaging crops and gardens.

Habits: The wierd has two types of dens or burrows. The summer burrow is built close to a good source of food like a pasture or meadow. The second home is the winter home. It is built to survive the long, cold winter.

Wierds are most active during daylight hours and are quite easy to spot when travelling down the road in early spring and in the summer. They can often be seen sitting up on their hind legs looking and listening for danger. They use a whistling sound to warn one another of danger, so in some places the wierd is called the whistling pig.

Family: Mating usually takes place in March, and the young are born 28 days later. The wierd has one litter each year, which usually contains four babies. The young are born blind and have no hair. They weigh only 28 grams. The babies grow quickly while feeding on their mother's milk and are weaned after about five weeks. Soon after this, they are out learning to forage (search) for food. By the middle of the summer, the young wierds are much bigger and must begin to leave home and set up their own burrows.

Post Edited (01-21-03 18:05)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 22, 2003 05:58AM

If you want a laugh, go and have a look at a thread called:

"is any 2002 update"
to work with official patch

at
[forums.alphaf1.com]

I have been trying to communicate a path to this forum... with great difficulty

Matti Laitinen really needs to grow up.. s---t!

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: January 22, 2003 06:02AM
Matti Laitinen really needs to grow up

well said larry

Date: January 22, 2003 08:43AM
Posted by: Glyn
This Matti guy. He's the guy who owns Alpha F1 right? Is he also the same guy who makes graphic addons for GP3 and 4? Because if he is then he really does need to grow up. All over Alpha F1 its "New track graphics by Matti. Excellent! Recommended download"

Date: January 22, 2003 09:14AM
Posted by: tux
Date: January 22, 2003 02:03PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well he does need to grow up, but he was an integral memeber of the gp2 and 3 community, dont dis his work! it is/was amazing

but he has a serious problem with other sites..... god knows why
Date: January 22, 2003 02:46PM
because they are better than his?

(I bet he secretively reads all this and bans my account at alpha.)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 22, 2003 10:53PM
Posted by: variante_ascari
is he (Matti) reading all this?
=

Date: January 23, 2003 01:46AM
Posted by: NunoEspadinha
Matti always was like that... so we only can accept that he don't want links in his site to others... i'm moderator at alpha and it was always like that.. we are used to it...

i don't defend this way of acting but he does what he wants in his site, right?

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Date: January 23, 2003 01:57AM
Yes sure he does. However I posted a message to him on his own site asking him to do something:

[forums.alphaf1.com]

Larry
Date: January 23, 2003 04:22AM
This Matti guy. He's the guy who owns Alpha F1 right? Is he also the same guy who makes graphic addons for GP3 and 4? Because if he is then he really does need to grow up. All over Alpha F1 its "New track graphics by Matti. Excellent! Recommended download"

Yes, it is the same guy. But its stuff was never anything special. for the best track graphics and add-ons use Brunos tracks, and Larry O'Meras Canada track. These are miles better than the rest, and so accurate is unbelivable

Date: January 23, 2003 07:22AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
The thread Larry sent on the alpha f1 forum is now closed for any further comment. Lmao! Everyone who managed to comment on it, simply echoed Larry's/our comments!

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: January 23, 2003 07:44AM
Yes. Well I opened a new one to him telling politely how disappointed I am in his behaviour. Go there everyone quicky and post before he has a chance to shut the thread down.
[forums.alphaf1.com]

Post Edited (01-23-03 14:45)

Larry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy