Replacing Melbourne

Posted by Pont 
Replacing Melbourne
Date: October 28, 2010 09:23PM
Posted by: Pont
Hi

I would like to replace melbourne with another track using melbourne2001.wad.....i'm not playing with CSM/TSM but made own set of tracsk and cars. Which track does also use melbourne2001.wad?
Re: Replacing Melbourne
Date: October 28, 2010 09:31PM
Posted by: SPOKES
Sante Fe By Maxi (GP4 Argentina)
Rio Gallegos By ? (GP4 Argentina)
Phillip Island By Maxi (GP4 Argentina)
Surfers Paradise By jimbob1, btone & ruboy (GP4 Argentina)

But you can put any track in as long as you change any of the NON .tex files into Melbourne, for example in the monaco2001.wad: monaco2001_track.bin change this to melborne2001_track.bin.

Hope this helps?
Date: October 28, 2010 09:40PM
ok thanks...i didn't know that.

whats the best?

Sante Fe By Maxi (GP4 Argentina)
Rio Gallegos By ? (GP4 Argentina)
Phillip Island By Maxi (GP4 Argentina)
Surfers Paradise By jimbob1, btone & ruboy (GP4 Argentina)
???
Date: October 29, 2010 09:49AM
I haven't tried any of them yet, but I loved Surfers Paradise when I played this on PS2 Toca Driver! Long straights & technical corners, street circuit like Monaco (tight).
Date: November 01, 2010 12:30AM
Posted by: airjimracing
SPOKES Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sante Fe By Maxi (GP4 Argentina)
> Rio Gallegos By ? (GP4 Argentina)
> Phillip Island By Maxi (GP4 Argentina)
> Surfers Paradise By jimbob1, btone & ruboy (GP4
> Argentina)
>
> But you can put any track in as long as you change
> any of the NON .tex files into Melbourne, for
> example in the monaco2001.wad:
> monaco2001_track.bin change this to
> melborne2001_track.bin.
>
> Hope this helps?

Really, that's all?

I could never load ANY updates for Melbourne, I've always guessed it was because it's the first one...

I'd like to switch Bahrein 4th race with Melbourne 1st race.
Date: November 01, 2010 12:35AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Don't forget that Melbourne is mis-spelt in game as "melborne" (no 'u';), so that could be where you are going wrong.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 01, 2010 10:14AM
Thats why I was careful in spelling it in my thread!!!!
Date: November 05, 2010 04:44PM
I tried to do this with phoenix but it's not working properly?
Date: November 08, 2010 07:18AM
i tried several other tracks but its not working for me?
I renamed wad in melborne2001 and changed dat file into s1ct01.dat but gp4 chrashes all the time.
Date: November 08, 2010 12:21PM
With in the wad there are many files, open the wad using easywad (Zaz Tools) extract all files that don't end in .tex, if the track was original named imola2001 then all files that DON'T end in .tex lets say imola2001.gp4 then change it to melborne2001.gp4. What I did was I created a folder named Track Extractor and I extracted all files that didn't end in .tex and placed them into the folder Track Ex, I when through the whole .wad and changed any file that wasn't a tex file.

Hope it helps?
Any problems pm me back, I'm off today!
Date: November 09, 2010 08:44PM
I've tried to help pont out with this but having trouble sending the wad back to him, could someone else download the Buenos Aires 1.2 from gp4 Argentina and replace the barcelona2001.wad to work in the melborne2001 slot, please.
Date: November 13, 2010 03:03PM
which other tracks are based on melborne2001.wad?
Date: November 15, 2010 09:20PM
no one?
Date: January 16, 2013 08:02PM
[imageshack.us]

i tired to replace sepang with road america without success
i changed all files that don't end in tex. in sepang. etc but this is what i get?
Date: January 17, 2013 12:34PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Looks like Barcelona...

Some tracks do have a setting, that takes influence on the chosen slot. You have to open the .dat. Use Lo2k's GP4Builder for that task.

1. Doubleclick 'track sectors'.

2. Mark the initial sector. Click in the popup window on 'Show/Hide GP4 Infos Data' and make sure that there is no item in the section '.wad name'. --> If though, delete it!

That should solve this problem ;-).
Date: January 19, 2013 12:37PM
Klaus

Ok, i opened gp4 builder 1.181and selected road americas S1CT05.dat
I doubleclicked track sectors and following pop up screen appeared -> track properties??
I don't see any remark ""show /hide gp4 infos data?
Date: January 19, 2013 03:27PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
I bet you forgot to mark the initial sector.

Have a look at this: [gp4world.blogspot.de]
Part II of that tutorial is specially made for you (H).
Date: January 19, 2013 04:04PM
Thanks Klaus, it works !!! You are the best!(Y)
Date: January 20, 2013 08:04AM
Posted by: addie
hi

the gp4-info is relevant only if you use GPxPatch to start gp4.exe.
but if you actually do use GPxPatch, which I'd recommend, then there is a much easier and faster way to swap tracks, or "install tracks". just enable/use the "GPxTrack"-tab, and choose what .dat you want in what slot, and be sure the .dat includes the proper "prefix"-item in gp4-info (or "Wad Name" as its called in the gp4builder).

so if you have s1ct01.dat (for "melborne2001" [SIC!]) then include melborne2001 as "Wad Name" (as was mentioned earlier: always watch the spelling) in the gp4info (eg with the gp4builder as described above, or with CMagic-4 by adding a "prefix" item with the value melborne2001).

from now on you can put this s1ct01.dat in whatever slot you prefer, without changing anything in the .wad. just edit the "track set" in the "GPxTrack"-tab in GPxPatch, and be sure to have enabled GPxTrack in the GPxPatch-tab.
you even may rename s1ct01.dat to eg melborne2001.dat for having a better overview what .dat is what track from now on.

regards, addie
Date: January 20, 2013 08:45AM
Posted by: addie
hi

I forgot to mention, as soon as you use a "prefix" other than one of the original tracks, eg pau2013, be sure to also have a corresponding .anm file in your anim.wad (eg pau2013.anm). if the wanted .anm file is not there, gp4.exe will crash at the very end of loading the track.

if the needed .anm-file is not available, just have a copy of an original .anm out of anim.wad, rename it, and put it back in anim.wad. you just may want to make sure, the .anm is of an original track with the pit crew approaching the car from the same side as in the new track (eg melborne2001.anm vs montreal2001.anm).

regards, addie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy