How can i add own car to a mod?

Posted by Pont 
How can i add own car to a mod?
Date: October 17, 2010 01:27PM
Posted by: Pont
Hi

I have a question.

I know there are several good mods available on the internet but i want to add my own car, helmet, name to an existing mod. How is this possible?

Bye
Re: How can i add own car to a mod?
Date: October 17, 2010 04:35PM
Posted by: harjinator
if you browse to your GP4 data folder, in there is a folder called GP4SAVES (or something like that - not on my GP4 PC at the mo) - name's in block capitals. this is where CSM stores all it's mods. inside, you should see a folder for each mod. If you browse these fodlers, you should find eventually (maybe in a folder called data - again i would check but can't) the files for the cars. All you then need to do is replace these files.

Or you could create a folder with your own car inside, and edit the perf files so that CSM loads your car instead. Somebody will be able to explain a lot better than I can!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 17, 2010 10:07PM
Posted by: mortal
The above is correct. To change the driver name, edit the performance file is all you have to do. (modname/data/performance/)
If you create your own data/cars/yourteamname and data/helmet/yourname folder, you will then have to edit the ini files found in the folders to force csm to load them, also edit the globalvars in the modname/settings/ folder.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 18, 2010 10:02AM
Posted by: ZaZ
IMHO the best way to do this is by putting another 'layer' on top of the mod.
This will prevent you from altering the mod original files and it will be easy to revert your changes.
To do this you'll need to do the following.
In your cars folder create a new folder and call it MyCar (or any other name of course, but in this example I will simply stick to MyCar)
In there you should place the .gp4 meshes of your car and the textures. The names of the meshes are not important, so no need to rename them.

Now in your cars folder (not the MyCar folder) create new ini file and put this in
[Config]
Dir8=MyCar

The '8' in Dir is the slotnumber. You can use any number from 1 to 11 of course.

Now all there's left to do is to tell CSM to process your new ini. You can do this by altering the .csm file of the mod and append the 'Cars' key
For instance there might be something in there like:

Cars =Cars\Default.ini

Then simply change it to

Cars =Cars\Default.ini,Cars\MyCar.ini

This tells CSM to first process the Default.ini and override it with MyCar.ini.
If the line is much more complex it shouldn't matter. Simply append it with a comma and your new ini.

This way you can simply revert by snapping off the last bit again.

You can do the same trick with just about anything.

To put your name in the mod, I'd use the custom profile feature.
Simply create a profile in Extra->Profiles matching the helmet shape of the mod and then enable it by right clicking the mod and select 'Use custom profile->your profile"
This should work on any mod that needs to build a wad file.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: October 18, 2010 06:07PM
Posted by: Pont
thank you all for your comments........i will give it a try (H)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy