Name Change During Championship

Posted by NH2005 
Name Change During Championship
Date: October 09, 2010 07:28PM
Posted by: NH2005
Hey there!

I went to register as i had a question i wanted to ask and it told me i was already registered! So this is my first visit since 2005!

I've actually just bought GP4. I played GP2 a hell of a lot many years ago and got pretty good with how to update all the bits and pieces, but as i've seen GP4 is a bit more complicated! I didn't want to steam straight in and ask loads of questions you guys had answered many times so i've been picking my way through some of the help topics and i'm proud to say i've managed to change some of the in game helmets all by myself! (Well i'm proud of it anyway). Next i'm going to attempt the cars at some point!

I did have a question (and it may be a no as i think it was impossible on previous games) and i haven't found an answer from looking through the forums, but can i change a drivers name in the middle of a Championship Season. For example, i'm doing the 2001 season, have managed to put in Mazzacane's helmet at Prost, Burti at Jag for Melbourne, but when these guys get dropped later in the season, can i edit the name so that it comes up correct on the caption during a race. Using team editor, i've changed the names there, which has changed the names in the driver selection menu and on the starting grid graphics, but the actual in race names remain as whatever names i began the season with.

Cheers if you can help!
Re: Name Change During Championship
Date: October 10, 2010 06:22PM
Posted by: SPOKES
Yes you can. If you open the following: GP4, MenuData, PC, GP2001_x.gps the 'x' depends on your language. When you open this you'll be able to see the drivers names and teams, this is where you change the names but sadly as you can see from my question earlier [www.grandprixgames.org] the points (if any) from the driver, your replacing, will still the same!

Hope this helps & welcome back to this community.
Re: Name Change During Championship
Date: October 10, 2010 11:32PM
Posted by: NH2005
Excellent! Thanks for that!

I had kinda resigned myself to the fact the points would carry over, but i guess you can't have everything lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy