Is There A Penalty For Cutting Corners During Qualy?

Posted by Wacky-Racer 
Is There A Penalty For Cutting Corners During Qualy?
Date: October 08, 2010 08:32PM
Posted by: Wacky-Racer
After cutting my third corner (accidentally, of course) I found my 5th place on the grid changed to 22nd. Is there a penalty during qualifying for cutting corners too many times?
Re: Is There A Penalty For Cutting Corners During Qualy?
Date: October 08, 2010 09:13PM
Posted by: MARSALA
Usually it slows you down for about 3 to 5 sec. even when racing.
unless you adjust it in GP4 tweaker
Good Luck
Date: October 08, 2010 09:18PM
Posted by: BAR#10
the one relegation to last place I know about, happens if you drive more laps in qualy than scheduled in gpxpatch/gpxset/sesion settings/qualify laps

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Yeah, it definitely slowed me down for a few seconds everytime I cut a corner.
And no, BAR#10, I was on my last lap. So I don't think that is what caused it.

Maybe it was just a blip? I can always re-qualify if need be.
Date: October 08, 2010 10:50PM
Posted by: Diax F1
Wacky-Racer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, it definitely slowed me down for a few
> seconds everytime I cut a corner.
> And no, BAR#10, I was on my last lap. So I don't
> think that is what caused it.

Assuming that you've got it set to 12 laps...

Did you cross the start/finish line to complete lap 12? Or did you enter the pits?

If you cross the start/finish line, you will have your time removed - as you will be completing more than the allocated 12 laps (12 laps includes in-laps, out-laps and hotlaps. So basically you have 4 runs of out-lap, hotlap, in-lap).
No, I believe I was on my very last lap. I didn't know that you can't use lap 12 as a competitive time. I'll remember that when I qualify.
Redid qualifying and started sixth. On "race day", coming up to turn one Michael bumped Rubens into the grass, I bumped Michael into his brother, who lost the front wing. I then inherited first as Michael drove through the grass to take second. Rubens and Ralf let the field through then rejoined at the back.

I then led every lap but one and was about to take a much needed win when an oil leak sprouted up with three laps to go!
Another win snatched from my hands. I had a hydraulics failure at the Nurburgring while leading with, you guessed it, three laps to go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy