Using a PS2 controller with GP4 - possible?

Posted by phil35 
Using a PS2 controller with GP4 - possible?
Date: October 05, 2010 06:04PM
Posted by: phil35
I'm just getting into GP4 now, but I can't really do with the digital keyboard. Can't afford a decent wheel at the minute, and I thought that a PS2 to PC adapter might be a temporary solution? For example, this:

[tinyurl.com]

If it was to work, would all the buttons on the controller be analogue/touch sensitive? Anyone have an experience with this? Thanks.
Re: Using a PS2 controller with GP4 - possible?
Date: October 05, 2010 06:29PM
Posted by: harjinator
you can get it to work with analogue sticks... the buttons however, are just buttons. You don't get analogue triggers for example with a PS2 controller. However, you can configure right stick for analogue throttle and brake, and left stick for steering. I found it to be very twitchy though

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 05, 2010 06:39PM
Okay thanks for your help. I might give it a go anyway, see how I find it. Thanks!
Date: October 05, 2010 08:51PM
no problem! I've been around longer than i care to admit to... i've tried most things!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 07, 2010 04:02PM
Well my adapter came today, managed to calibrate my PS2 controller and it's working great! However, it seems that I now can't use certain buttons when using the controller. For example, when using the keyboard, pause is the button P, which then brings up replay controls. But now I'm using a controller, pressing P doesn't do anything, and I can't find an option where I could assign the pause button to a button on my controller. Can anyone help me with this?
Date: October 07, 2010 04:05PM
i think you have to do that via GPxPatch in the keybind settings (not something i've actually ever done). Space on the keyboard pauses the game when you're using a controller if that helps...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: October 07, 2010 04:18PM
Posted by: Gigi4
Don't know if you can control pause with the pad. However, when I use my pad or my wheel, pause is spacebar, not P.

Date: October 07, 2010 05:03PM
Yes, I just found that out myself, just came back to post but you guys beat me to it. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2010 05:03PM by phil35.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy