Re-naming Tracks

Posted by SPOKES 
Re-naming Tracks
Date: September 28, 2010 07:46PM
Posted by: SPOKES
I know this has been covered already of late but...do I need any gp4 track builder or software to rename all files (except .tex) and I take it the .dat files can chance to represent the new choosen track?

may thanks in advance for your assistance.
Re: Re-naming Tracks
Date: September 28, 2010 08:14PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
No, you don't need any software for the re-naming.

However, you need cmagic to tell the dat that you have changed the name.
See this thread; [www.grandprixgames.org]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 28, 2010 08:25PM
Thanks for the quick reply, Ed. I didn't think it was easy as just renaming, somewhere there had to be a software programme needed. Oh well, I shall play with this before I start my Fantasy Season.
Date: September 28, 2010 08:55PM
Well it is possible to do it without using cmagic, by just switching the dat files (i.e. if you want to change from a1ring to hockenheim, rename from S1CT06 to S1CT12), but you may then mix up the files later on.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 29, 2010 10:10AM
renaming the .dat file won't cause a problem then will it not? I have a book of what files to use, renaming from/to, which liveries to use and from who. So I'm sure I won't muck it up but...never say never.

Cheers anyway SchueyFan
Date: September 29, 2010 12:17PM
If you rename the dat file, make sure to also change the track order in GPxPatch - check the GPxTrack tab.

I can't think of any other potential problems.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy