Re: GP4 no doubt is the best F1 replication
Date: September 26, 2010 08:51PM
Posted by: Gigi4
F**k F1 2010, that's the game I want:

Made by this guy

Date: September 26, 2010 11:02PM
Posted by: Excalibur
The question is: Where is Geoff Crammond? And what is he doing since Lost Toys Studio doesn't exist anymore...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 26, 2010 11:10PM
Posted by: mortal
The question is: "Where's all the haters that said GP4 is dead?" :)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 27, 2010 11:49AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
mortal Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The question is: "Where's all the haters that said
> GP4 is dead?" :)

+1
Date: September 27, 2010 01:13PM
Posted by: TeamBPR
I haven't played F1 2010 yet, just haven't had time but I'm getting it anyway, but whilst I have been (and trying to remain) open minded and a bit optimistic about it, I haven't once considered that it would replace GP4 for me.

There's so much time and effort gone into making GP4 what it is, and if you set your game up correctly, with good mods, and get it accurate, then it's hard for anything to touch it, in my opinion.

I was a little bit "concerned" that F1 2010 would start a decline for GP4, but never really thought that it would spell any kind of doom for GP4, because the purists amongst us were never going to really ditch GP4 for F1 2010, I don't think....??

You can see though that developers these days have to put so much effort into making a game look nice for it to be contemporary and keeping up with the standard, that some fundamental things get overlooked.

I think the attention to detail in GP4 as a simulation, it's accuracy over a 100% race etc is just fantastic. And whilst F1 2010 looks stunning, it only adds testament to what a fantastic game GP4 is. Let us not forget it is 10 years old too.

I am so glad that GP4 is still the benchmark - at least as far as I am concerned. What a legend of a game. BUT it wouldn't be what it is without the amazing community and the countless hours that people have put into improving it, because it had its fair share of faults "out of box" too.

Long live GP4 :-)
Date: September 27, 2010 02:52PM
Posted by: LWC
mortal Wrote:
> The question is: "Where's all the haters that said
> GP4 is dead?" :)

I personally do think gp4 is dead, or dying at least, the community is very small and seems just a few people hanging on to it, f1 2010 is an ok game but far from perfect, it needs lots of fixes, whether i carry on playing it or just stick to gtr2 which is still my favorite sim i know i,ll never touch gp4 again, i deleted about 30gb of unfinished mods & lots of wips just because i cant be bothered with gp4 anymore, if you still love gp4 then good for you, but the time has come and gone for me and it came way before f1 2010 came out.

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2010 02:54PM by LWC.
Date: September 30, 2010 07:35AM
Posted by: Bruce D
I finally got F1 2010 yesterday and after an over 2 hour installation process I can say that GP4 has many years left in it. IMHO F1 2010 doesn't even come close to GP4, yes it's a nice game and has some nice features and I would recommend it to people who were just looking for a nice racing game, but not for GP4 players.

And that penalty system is nuts. I locked up my brakes going into the harbour chicane at Monaco last night and straight lined it to avoid other cars and was disqualified instantly for "excessive number of illegal overtakes"! No drive-through, just DNQ on the spot.
Date: September 30, 2010 11:27AM
That's ridiculous isn't it. It's hard to imagine a game really succeeding GP4 for the hardcore simmers any time soon, for me anyway this is the case.

Good thing with GP4 is that we don't NEED a stupid penalty system because most of us don't cheat. If I'm single player racing, and I have to cut a chicane, say at Monza, if I pass someone by cutting it, I let them back past - that's because I want to race a SIM, and if the game doesn't sim something, I do it myself anyway. I don't actually WANT to cheat by cutting chicanes.

It's clever that they can program a penalty system, etc. and impressive. But fundamentals are always going to be more important to most of us who are still GP4 fans.

I don't think I'll ever uninstall GP4 unless it stops running on my machine!
Date: September 30, 2010 11:49AM
Posted by: burazel
TeamBPR Wrote:
> I don't think I'll ever uninstall GP4 unless it
> stops running on my machine!

or unless GP5 is released.
Date: September 30, 2010 11:52AM
lol yeah maybe then :)
Date: September 30, 2010 01:56PM
Posted by: pimpones1
F1 2010 is so far away from GP4.

Everyday theres a new patch or editor for F1 2010 which allows you to modify a lotta things.. its the same progress as ocurred to gp4 a billion yrs ago.

Personally, i think the game from codemasters will be an amazing game only around 2012.

til there i ll keep playing both

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 04:49PM by pimpones1.
Date: September 30, 2010 04:26PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I bought F1 2010 for PS3 and I have to say that it's good enough with a PS3 Dualshock controller.
But I agree, GP4 is still that little bit better. The best thing about F1 2010, as far as I have played yet, is the career mode. Otherwise, they need to update the game.

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: September 30, 2010 04:46PM
Posted by: vbc
GP4: Nothing gets closer.

I am amazed that this is true after 8 years, only people like Geoff Crammond know how to make a very good Formula 1 game.

Pony and FraudMasters should ashamed.
I won't play anything else until GP5 arrives or until a decent F1 game appears. GPX saga is still the best.

Greetings to all GPX fans.

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Date: September 30, 2010 04:47PM
pimpones1 Wrote:
> Personally, i think the game from codemasters will
> be an amazing game only around 2012.

They'll have to fix this alleged AI Madness problem first!

I'm looking forward to playing F1 2010 though, I got to say. I'm looking forward to the actual modelling and driving, etc. The career sounds good too. I'm keeping an open mind!
Date: September 30, 2010 10:29PM
Posted by: Koku
I've played F1 2010 relentlessly since last Friday. At this point I've come to the realisation that I'm just trying to hammer myself into really liking it.

But I don't. There are some nice things; the career mode is a good shot at longevity and a night race at Singapore in the wet is truly jaw-dropping. But that's just gravy. The game is so riddled with bugs and a lack of feel; plus, I simply can't get over the ridiculous AI.

I've been very much spoiled by GP4 and the awesome work of the modders here. The more I grapple with F1 2010, the more I find myself switching it off and playing GP4. I can't wait for Pedro's next 80's mod; I'll be playing that for endless hours when he releases it!
Date: September 30, 2010 10:48PM
Posted by: raulongo
Playing this game will make you a n00b in games where you used to kick asses... I was relatively quick on rF and now I suck due playing this game. Nice graphics and immersion though...

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: October 01, 2010 07:33AM
Posted by: Bruce D
Had my first online race on it last night and I thought it was very good at that. So if GP4 had online...
Date: October 01, 2010 10:54AM
Posted by: ooleeeo
I am taking a sabbatical from gp4 till I get my new pc.
Even if it takes 5 years,I will play the game again.
There are just too many problems with an onboard graphics card.

Kimi forever!
Date: October 01, 2010 05:18PM
Posted by: airjimracing
I have a copy of the game, but would it work on an Athlon 3000+ 64 - 512mb ram & 256mb Gforce?

I get 31 fpm on GP4! Plus we have the latest changes in the game! (Heidfeld & Klien's helmet, team art, gris cars etc)

There's even a wip for Korea!

How long will it take to update F2010?
Date: October 01, 2010 05:37PM
Posted by: madotter
Hmmm. I do like F1 2010. I don't think I will ever stop GP4 as it is one of the best but I do love the new regs (engine rules, tyre rules etc...) and I have had some really good races on it so far (ps3 version).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy