GP4 no doubt is the best F1 replication

Posted by Buzz Hornet 
GP4 no doubt is the best F1 replication
Date: September 24, 2010 11:37AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Hi Guys after antisipating Codemasters F1 game for a long time, I admit Gp4 is by a long way a long way ahead in every regard. I think the future of Gp4 is very safe
and hopefully with Madman out and about we will be able to further enchance this great game. I never lost the faith, and I hope those that where in limbo will return
to GP4 and continue this fantastic game. Credit too to all the guys that have stuck to this game through thick and thin, there are too many too name but congrats
to all. Long live GP4 :)
Re: GP4 no doubt is the best F1 replication
Date: September 24, 2010 12:01PM
Posted by: jucksman
I agree. F1 2010 is a good game with impressive graphics, but failed to convince me. I still find the Gp4 racing experience to be more rewarding and realistic.
Long live GP4!
Date: September 24, 2010 12:25PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I agree. F1 2010 is a good game with impressive graphics, but failed to convince me. I still find the Gp4 racing experience to be more rewarding and realistic.
Long live GP4!

ME TOO!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: September 24, 2010 12:44PM
Posted by: burazel
kerleyf1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree. F1 2010 is a good game with impressive
> graphics, but failed to convince me. I still find
> the Gp4 racing experience to be more rewarding and
> realistic.
> Long live GP4!
>
> ME TOO!

+1
Date: September 24, 2010 01:14PM
Posted by: mortal
After reading the reviews, I wont be buying F1 2010. Apparently the AI majorly sucks!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 24, 2010 01:18PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, I tried F1 2010 yesterday and was utterly disapointed (not that I was really faithfull though). I will stay with GP4.

Date: September 24, 2010 02:04PM
Posted by: Shaddix
Date: September 24, 2010 02:51PM
Posted by: Excalibur
I don't agree with you guys about F1 2010. It is not a sim and it is not perfect but a great game. I started a carreer with a long week-end and a full race.Sensations, immersion, realism, physics are great when you disable the help options. IA is quit good also. The more I play, the more I like (on xbox 360). I tested on PC, my opinion is more divided though.

But I agree with you. Gp4 is not dead yet, thanks to the great tools we have to improve and tweak the game, modders, painters, and all the people who participate to keep GP4 alive :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 24, 2010 04:13PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
F1 2010 has some good elements, but it also has many problems - a combination of that and GP4 would be almost the perfect game in my opinion.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 24, 2010 04:18PM
Posted by: MARSALA
I have tried F1 2010 Codemasters.
Yes its got great graphics i agree!
But as usual no one has come close to GP 4.
The only F1 sim to beat it would be a "G P 5".
Cheers
Date: September 24, 2010 06:48PM
Posted by: pimpones1
The most important thing in GP4 is the possibility to keep upgrading tracks and cars.

on the other hand, its a game built almost 10 years ago, and we still cant upgrade things we really need to ie Engine sounds for each car, number of cars in game, an improvment on A.I and a bunch of things we all know.

Even with all restrictions we have, GP4 will be present for a long time.

CODEMASTERS 2010 is a new experience. a higher level graphics, a god IA, good out of track scenes and options.

Im sure we will have a patch to fix all bugs found into a short period as seen on tons of you tube videos. so Lets wait.

But, if. I SAID IF, someone start to make tools and create more possibilities to this game as done in GP4, the game will subistitute GP4.

i ll keep playing BOTH so far.
Date: September 24, 2010 06:51PM
Posted by: LWC
theres already people working on patches and updates for f1 2010, i know theres a small fix released already, as soon as i can open the pssg files i,ll be modding it too

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Date: September 24, 2010 07:27PM
For Codemasters F1 2010 I saw on internet two new little patchs by users: one for cockpit view and another to T-cam view.

I look a little on internet and looks like the compacted .dds files (in a .pssg file I think) could be opened with the Grid 2 tools.... soon we have mods to this game.

I will play F1 2010, but I will stop GP4 play only when I have all F1 season for this great game! 80's almost complete and have all 90's and 2k's. (and other years too.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: September 24, 2010 07:27PM
Posted by: ralv585
For a single player experience, GP4 is still miles ahead, there is no doubt in my mind.

But online racing and time trials is where F1 2010 excels, it's a whole new experience when you race online.

It's so much fun, and when you have people who play by the rules and are decent drivers, you'll love it just as much as GP4.

For single player, GP4 will rule for years to come or until codemasters get the ai right.

Date: September 24, 2010 08:53PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I will play both games, F12010 is great game but it will never take number 1 spot on my heart from gp4 :) but will for sure enjoy both of the games.
Date: September 24, 2010 09:03PM
Posted by: Excalibur
LWC écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> theres already people working on patches and
> updates for f1 2010, i know theres a small fix
> released already, as soon as i can open the pssg
> files i,ll be modding it too

PM, Lee ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 24, 2010 09:18PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@LWC : from what I saw, pssg file format is a proprietary 3D file format (like the .gp4 one). Not sure you will be able to edit them so soon but I don't know what was already done on other Codemaster's titles like GRID or Dirt on this side.

Date: September 24, 2010 09:48PM
Posted by: Koku
I do like F1 2010, honestly. I came at it with an open mind and I enjoy the slick production and presentation, up to a point (which will wear off quite quickly, I'm sure). I do like what they've squeezed out of the EGO engine. The graphics are genuinely enthralling.

But, all F1 2010 has done is to make me appreciate GP4, and all the work of the modders, even more. The AI, despite being written an aeon ago (in gaming terms), still trumps the new pretender a decade younger absolutely hands down.

It's a great effort from Codemasters, don't get me wrong, but I'll still be playing GP4 long after F1 2010...
Date: September 24, 2010 10:32PM
I read somewhere that .pssg file are a simple .dss an others files compacted. This format is like an ".zip" or a ".rar".

Date: September 24, 2010 11:44PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Just tried f1 2010... GP4 is is very far to die =)
Long Life to GP4 =)

Samuele
32BOBO32
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy