GP4 Version 1.02 and Brazil track

Posted by pvisscher 
GP4 Version 1.02 and Brazil track
Date: January 11, 2003 12:57PM
Posted by: pvisscher
Don't know if anybody else had this but i installed gp4 on Winxp and applied the patch to get it to version 1.02. All works fine except for Brazil track, everytime i start up gp4 to do a race here (quickrace in this instance on 100%) it begins oke. I drive along the track until i get to the slowest corner, when i acclerate out of this corner i see some graphical glitches but it carries on, i take the fast left hender before the last corner onto the start/finish straight and then it happens.... CTD. I tested this 5 times and all 5 times at exactly the same point i get an CTD. I thought the patch had cured this? Then i decided to try the San Marino track....No problemo at all, strange or what?

Before using GP4 1.02 i used the original GP4 to race in in Win98, i still do and drove the brazil track there also, here i have no problems at all. I also used original GP4 in WinXP and had no trouble there as well.

And before you lot ask....yes i have all the latest drivers including DirectX9

P4 1800mhz 512 SDram
Geforce 4 4600 TI 128MB
Soundblaster live player 5.1

Peter Visscher
Driver Team Racebase
Re: GP4 Version 1.02 and Brazil track
Date: January 11, 2003 02:08PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
The patch replaced the Brazil track data ( S1ct03.dat ) in the circuits folder. I don't know why mind! Try replacing that with the original (ie reinstall and copy it somewhere safe, install the patch and replace the new track with the original.)

Have you tried the patched version in W98??

Re: GP4 Version 1.02 and Brazil track
Date: January 12, 2003 06:17AM
Posted by: pvisscher
oke update...tried it again today, the first time CTD at the same point again bummer. Then i drove another track for several minutes to see if that was oke and it was. then i tried Brazil again and now it was oke. yet another go and yes this was fine too. strange i will keep my eye on this.

And no i did not test it yet in win98 because i use that for my racing league and they don't use the patched game yet, but if they do i will check there also.

Peter Visscher
Driver Team Racebase
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy