Windows7 questions...

Posted by JeDa 
Windows7 questions...
Date: September 09, 2010 01:18PM
Posted by: JeDa
Hi,
I have some strange problem when trying to get GP4 to work in Windows7. I installed the orriginal game and set the compatibility mode to WinXP (SP2). The game runs great!

I then tried to install the 9.6 patch, but this doesnt work. When starting the game after installing the patch it says: "Please reinstall DX8.1". I reinstalled DX, but the game doesnt start. I also can't set the patched GP4.exe to winxp compatibiliy mode. I get an error "can't find f1system.txt", alltough this file is in the main GP4-folder.

I also tried to copy a complete working and patched install form another computer, but I only get a black screen with a white mouse pointer.

Please help!

Does anybody know what files are changed in the 9.6 patch? Perhaps I can copy them manually to my working unpatched version? has anyone a link to a in Win7 working patched decrypted GP4.exe? Or can somebody mail me his GP4.exe? (j.daniels(at)home.nl)
Re: Windows7 questions...
Date: September 09, 2010 01:25PM
Posted by: SPOKES
I would uninstall game first. Then re-install and start the game, save and close then download fresh patches and GPX files and install them one by one and again start, save and close. See if helps?
Date: September 09, 2010 01:33PM
Posted by: mortal
An easy way is to download CSM, and use the inbuilt patch downloader.
When you install GP4, you set the compatibility for the exe and run it once. To do that you must have the cd in the drive, otherwise GP4 will not start. Then install the 9.6 official patch, again to run it requires the cd in the drive. Once you have installed the 9.6 patch, then you can apply the v1.02 NO_CD, which you can download from this site. Use the 'jump to' menu top right to access the downloads area. After applying the exe, you must again set the compatibility of the exe to WinXP SP2 or 3. In gpx_patch, set verbosity to high and cpu to 1.
If you uninstall, use CCCleaner to remove redundant registry entries, otherwise the patch installation will say it is already installed.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 09, 2010 02:06PM
Thanks! I will try that! The "jump to" button doesn't work. is there another way to get to the downloads?
Date: September 09, 2010 02:49PM
Posted by: mortal
The jump to button works fine, it must be your browser. Here is the direct link. Patches

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 09, 2010 03:10PM
Thanks! I hope it will work!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy