A few beginner questions including CSM unload

Posted by blackadderV 
A few beginner questions including CSM unload
Date: September 06, 2010 11:00PM
Posted by: blackadderV
Hi everyone

I have just bought the game and followed the 1991 mod installation instructions to the dot. It all loads except that it crashes alot and every time it crashes the mod unloads itself and then has to be loaded again. Even when I quit from the main screen it unloads itself again.

Is that supposed to happen? If I start a championship, play a race and it crashes and unloads in the second race will I lose the first race results?

Also are there any other mods which come with an easy install CSM like 1991? I am not that interested in the 2001 season.
Re: A few beginner questions including CSM unload
Date: September 06, 2010 11:31PM
Posted by: shep34
Saving your races mid race/post race is always a good idea, to avoid later heart break! So yes, if you haven't saved your game, and GP4 crashes, you will lose what ever results you may have....
As for the mod unloading itself, that is normal. CSM unloads a mod when GP4 is shut down, to restore the game back to its 'original' state, allowing other mods to be run at any time....
Date: September 06, 2010 11:50PM
Thanks for the warning, I will save if I start a championship. The amount of crashes is annoying though.

Is there any ideal settings anywhere for the driving force GT and the FF and sensitivity settings? What is the ideal "reduce with car speed" setting?

I seem to be having a weird glitch where I cannot turn right out of the pits, I just slam straight into the wall. Looking at my car it is like the front right wheel will not turn right, it will turn left but not right. Have you heard of this before?

PC gaming is so frustrating sometimes, lol.
Date: September 07, 2010 12:04AM
Posted by: mortal
Open CSM, disable Quickstart, load the mod, start it up, when gpx_patch loads, set verbosity to high, cpu to 1. Then when GP4 makes a forced exit (CTD) an error log file will be output by gpx. Save this log file and post it in a new thread 'gpx error log' for us to look at.

Turning right" If you mean turning right out of the garage, it is pretty common.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 07, 2010 12:58AM
Yes that is the one, when I turn out of the garage the front right wheel won't turn. I dare not play with damage on as my session will end instantly.

I have changed the verbosity and cpu like you said (they were set to 0 and medium before) and I will report any crashes tomorrow.

Thanks for your help
Date: September 10, 2010 06:06PM
Are the default setups semi decent? Obviously they won't be the best but are they still semi reliable?

Also I am playing the 1991 mod, does anyone know if the default setups in this mod are the 2001 setups or if the mod includes it's own defaults?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy