Beginning of the end of GPG by Sept?

Posted by mangrove 
Re: Beginning of the end of GPG by Sept?
Date: August 24, 2010 05:40PM
Posted by: Dahie
SPOKES schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This site is better than Facebook, so I would be
> still coming here many years from now. […]

You can't compare those! One is an evil megalomaniac empire bend on world domination and the other is facebook!

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: August 24, 2010 10:34PM
Posted by: mansell92
GP4 will be just fine. Looking at the vids from F1 2010 the AI looks awful, yet again. Whatever Geoff's team did with the AI in the GPx series they deserve alot of credit because it's by far the best in any racing game I've played.
Date: August 24, 2010 10:39PM
Posted by: harjinator
yeah, i love GP4's AI. with the right perf file, you can get some awesome races - i once had an epic GP2 race where scott speed span on lap 1, fought back to 11th, got rammed off by yamamoto, and fought back (again) to 14th before retiring with engine failure... Easily on a par with real life epicness!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: August 24, 2010 11:24PM
Posted by: mortal
One is an evil megalomaniac empire bend on world domination and the other is facebook!

Comedy Gold! (Y)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 25, 2010 12:56AM
Posted by: Fergy
I think a game has to judged on it's flexibility. Can it cater for the user who just wants to turn it on and just run some laps, can it cater for the hardcore user who wants all the highs and lows of a F1 season, god it was only a few nights ago I was racing a full race distance on GP4 pushing as hard as I could and having great but fair battles with the AI when my race was turned upside down. After I made my first pit stop about a 1 lap or so later a message appears saying that I have a loose wheel nut. The car starts vibrating badly and I have to come back in. Any chance of points on Ace level are over, my pitcrew had let me down. Fantastic stuff really:-) That's what I love about GP4, the extreme uncertainty of any given situation.

F1 2010 will be next generation and I hope it evolves into something special, It has all the ingredients but it's going to take time to perfect as did Geoff Crammonds series.

I agree with mortal 100%, what a fantastic community here. I must have asked 1000 questions in this forum and more often than not a problem is solved. It's always a good feeling to pitch in and help someone with a similar problem that has been solved previously for me.

Fergy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 10:40AM by Fergy.
Date: August 25, 2010 02:10AM
Posted by: Monza972
mortal Wrote:
> You might be surprised to know that the majority
> of people who visit this site, no longer play
> Grand Prix 3 or 4. They come here for the
> community. They have formed friendships that span
> the globe thanks to this site. Codemasters game
> can come and go, we will still be here, and we
> have been here for ten years. Such a comment that
> it would be the beginning of the end could be
> offensive to those that come here first before
> they go anywhere else when they turn their
> computer on.

100% love this comment. And as sad as I am to admit it; I no longer play GP4. I seemed to spend too much time modding it rather than playing it and in the end got tired.

But I'm still here everyday because I love this community since you're always a part of this no matter what.
Date: August 25, 2010 02:25AM
Posted by: mangrove
After seeing all your comments guys, I would say GPG is like a vintage priceless car that you would like to wake up in morning and stare at it for hours in your garage while F1 2010 is the brand new one with a price tag where you feel initial excitement because everything is first time with it.
Date: August 25, 2010 11:03AM
Posted by: TeamBPR
I think F1 2010 will definitely be worth a look, I'm probably going to buy it just to have a look at how technology has improved an F1 game in the ten years or whatever since GP4. But like you guys say, it's hard to imagine dumping GP4 for F1 2010. I will never get rid of GP4! Just keep upgrading it!

But I am looking forward to seeing what F1 2010 plays like, but I've never seen a game as good to drive and "realistic" as GP4 in terms of simulation, including Gran Turismo or anything else.

But if F1 2010 can look great and be good to play, and a bit realistic - NOT like those horrendous Electronic Arts F1 games, it will be great. But even so, I'll still stick with GP4!! You can't beat driving your own designed car, for starters!! :-)
Date: August 25, 2010 11:52AM
Posted by: Shaddix
I'm in love with GP4, and true love never dies ;)
I'll start playing F1 2010 though, but I will never stop playing GP4

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: August 25, 2010 12:32PM
Posted by: msater
I see GP4 as a stepping stone to modding platforms such as rFactor. Let's face it, GP4 isn't as bigger game as rFactor. When I got GP4, I knew absolutely nothing about modding. I've since stopped playing GP4, although I still have it installed for sentimental value. I moved onto rFactor, and now I mod the game, working for CTDP as a 3D modeller on the 1994 mod and some other stuff! A lot of people here are modders for rFactor as well as GP4. This isn't just a GP4 and GP3 site anymore, it's a whole sim racing community site (but maybe not as much members!)

I also 100% agree with Mal, in terms of the community, this is one the best forums I visit! I've been here since 2007, and I have no plans to leave quite yet!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 25, 2010 02:57PM
I think this is also what I like about this place. Here are so many talented and skilled people full of creativity and enthusiams, that it is really inspiring. Since the beginning this site helped modders to find each other, work together and have a platform to present their work. Every year new modders emerged to learn and update the game. The community here has very positive attitude and as a modder, you can feel the appreciation. :)

Date: August 25, 2010 08:58PM
Posted by: MARSALA
I Can testify, GP4 is still the closet simulator to the real thing! if you google you will see a list of f1 drivers that have tried
GP4 and they can testify. Crammond did an excellent job. Can you imagine if he ever decided to release a GP5?!
I am a GP2 GP3 GP4 veteran.
With the people that provide the latest updates in everything dealing with GP4 this game will not die. And that's why I
Thank each and everyone of You, you know who you are! ;)
But Seriously, GP4 Rocks!
No doubt about it.
Date: August 25, 2010 09:05PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
It definitely would be fascinating to see what Crammond could do with GP5 if he had the chance.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 26, 2010 12:23AM
Posted by: schroeder
well, i don´t know anything about f1 2010 (or 2009). i have just seen some video´s.
but from all i learned in the recent years it´s all about money !!
so, f1 2010 will be a good game, to make the racers buying it and to motivate the arcadis. but it will be a GAME ! because they have to sell many copies, bernie was very expensive.
and it will be unmoddable, or let´s say there is no need for modding it. somewhere i read (i just can´t find the source now) they already started with f1 2011....
who will update a game (new editors will anyway take some time to make), when the next version with new features is already in the pipeline ?

matt

edit: found the article: [www.formula1.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2010 12:35AM by schroeder.
Date: August 26, 2010 02:03AM
Posted by: n00binio
SchueyFan schrieb:
> It definitely would be fascinating to see what
> Crammond could do with GP5 if he had the chance.

+1
in my opinion the gameplay of the gpx series is superior to all other racing games i ever played. others may have better graphics or sound butf gpx has always been something special

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: August 26, 2010 08:23AM
schroeder schrieb:
> well, i don´t know anything about f1 2010 (or
> 2009). i have just seen some video´s.
> but from all i learned in the recent years it´s
> all about money !!
> so, f1 2010 will be a good game, to make the
> racers buying it and to motivate the arcadis. but
> it will be a GAME ! because they have to sell many
> copies, bernie was very expensive.
> and it will be unmoddable, or let´s say there is
> no need for modding it. somewhere i read (i just
> can´t find the source now) they already started
> with f1 2011....
> who will update a game (new editors will anyway
> take some time to make), when the next version
> with new features is already in the pipeline ?
>
> matt
>
> edit: found the article:
> [www.formula1.com]
> 37.html

I guess there will be people who will be able to crack some of the basics: textures, physics files, models ?? who knows.
Even if the game only lives for a year until the next successor comes, EA's F1-series has proven, that the games will be modded, the question is how deep the changes can go. F1-200x were rather open and easy to mod, so moving a mod to the next game was no problem. We have to see what's possible with F1-2010.

Date: August 26, 2010 10:57AM
Posted by: Slasher
It will have to be moddalbe, or the game wont survive.
Date: August 26, 2010 01:14PM
Posted by: superf1fan
Slasher Wrote:
> It will have to be moddalbe, or the game wont
> survive.

I don't think they want it to survive, I think Codemasters have the view that this game will come out, we'll play it for a year, and then buy F1 2011.
Date: August 26, 2010 09:41PM
Posted by: Gigi4
MARSALA Wrote:
> Can you imagine if he ever decided
> to release a GP5?!

mmm ... GP5 ...

Date: August 27, 2010 01:38AM
Posted by: pimpones1
You guys say that coz we didnt play the f12010 yet.

As soon as you turn the game on, choose the carreer mode and see one of the best gameplay ever made.. we probably wont care about gp4 anymore.

The amazing weather conditions.. a properly pit crew working, enterviews after races( i really dont care about this one) and your future in game depends what you do at the moment..

AN ONLINE RACE..

well, i can say for myself.. the gp4 is already dead for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 01:39AM by pimpones1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy