Beginning of the end of GPG by Sept?

Posted by mangrove 
Beginning of the end of GPG by Sept?
Date: August 24, 2010 01:59AM
Posted by: mangrove
F1 2010 Codemasters will be released this Sept and the game preview is ultra realistic including pit crews & engineers. Will this be the beginning of the end of GPG? For those who wish to upgrade their PC specs for their GPG game, you might as well consider this
minimum PC specs for F1 2010 or better yet higher...

• Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9.0c
• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
• 1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
• DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
• 12.5 GB Hard Drive Space
Re: Beginning of the end of GPG by Sept?
Date: August 24, 2010 02:09AM
Posted by: ralv585
If the game sucks it wont be.

People still play GP3, and visit the forums for F1 news and off topic fun, so the site itself will still be running for a long while yet.

GP4 will always be installed on my computer, even if F1 2010 is amazing.

Date: August 24, 2010 02:21AM
Posted by: superf1fan
F1 2010 will be unmoddable I believe, so I'll be sticking with GP4 for none 2010 seasons.
Date: August 24, 2010 02:56AM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
As superf1fan already said, F1 2010 will be - at least - harder to mod than GP4. Consider how much time it already took the GP4 community to come up with easy to handle modding programs.
Secondly F1 2010 and GP4 are two totally different games. From what I saw at many videos, you can't really compare them. I expect a lot from F1 2010, I pre-ordered it months ago, but GP4 will always be a part of my computer life :-)
I don't think that F1 2010 will be the end of GPG, even if GPG does NOT integrate F1 2010 into the forum, nor will it be the end of GP4, because of the games being so different.
Nevertheless I hope that F1 2010 will become a part of GPG when the time comes.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: August 24, 2010 03:43AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
well, I don't think I can play F1 2010 on the highest graphics on my current PC and Im not upgrading this one just yet. Im thinking of downloading a demo, or even the hole game as a torrent before I decide if I will get it for PC or safely for PS3. But GP4 has been installed on my computer since I got the game as a birthday gift in march 2002 and I have no intention to uninstall it even if F1 2010 is awesome

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: August 24, 2010 04:53AM
Posted by: Rod_vs
I saw the preview and I hate the game!!!

That's the reason why I play GP3 still actual days!! I love to modify the game!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Date: August 24, 2010 06:02AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Same happened with Rfactor, everybody thought gp4 was game over but like we see its still alive.

The new game will have newer things, better graphics, .... (lets hope) but if you are playing and updating this game for years then you never uninstall it even gp4 is sometimes a bitch to update but we love it when it works smoothly :-)
Date: August 24, 2010 08:55AM
Posted by: vesuvius
I can play both games :) I will still continue playing gp4 because it does have awesome mods and tracks from previous seasons and current ones as well, gp4 still looks amazing and I love updating and playing it...to be honest it feels more than a game for me :) still I do wait f1 2010 a lot and will enjoy it for sure but it will be equal with gp4, not a favourite in my eyes :) new graphics and rules will be the best and I think only advantage f12010 has over gp4 (gp4 graphics still look amazing as well despitate being old, thanks to all modders here).
Date: August 24, 2010 10:08AM
Posted by: Koku
I appreciate all the work that the GP4 community has done for this game. However good or bad F1 2010 turns out to be, I'll still be playing GP4 (probably Pedro's 80s mods) (Y)
Date: August 24, 2010 01:30PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Even if I will play F1 2010 because of the realism, IA, physics and graphics, I will keep and play GP4 during years again because of the good AI and because of the great tools that allows you to tweak, to create and to mod the game.

If F1 2010 is a new simulation of reference, it will take some time to create tools to mod it, anyway.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: August 24, 2010 02:12PM
Posted by: mortal
You might be surprised to know that the majority of people who visit this site, no longer play Grand Prix 3 or 4. They come here for the community. They have formed friendships that span the globe thanks to this site. Codemasters game can come and go, we will still be here, and we have been here for ten years. Such a comment that it would be the beginning of the end could be offensive to those that come here first before they go anywhere else when they turn their computer on.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 24, 2010 02:30PM
Posted by: ralv585
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You might be surprised to know that the majority
> of people who visit this site, no longer play
> Grand Prix 3 or 4. They come here for the
> community. They have formed friendships that span
> the globe thanks to this site. Codemasters game
> can come and go, we will still be here, and we
> have been here for ten years. Such a comment that
> it would be the beginning of the end could be
> offensive to those that come here first before
> they go anywhere else when they turn their
> computer on.

Brought a virtual tear to my eye.

Date: August 24, 2010 02:30PM
Posted by: Dahie
well said, although having common topics to talk about can't be valued enough :)

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Date: August 24, 2010 02:35PM
Posted by: neilcaine
The fact that I can play GP4 with realistic cars from 2010 or learn how to make my own livery etc - and tracks from 2008/2009 (even with 2010 ads!!!) when it was released 8 or 9 years ago says a lot about the quality of the original game and the incredible cars, tracks, graphics etc created by a lot of talented and generous people free of charge on this site and others. The graphics of the new F1 game will no doubt be incredible but most people would still probably like to race with a car and livery of their choice or include an older driver or team or change various things. If the new game doesn't allow this then it's codemaster's loss as it would give longer life to the game - they may release an update every year at a price but that still won't allow people to use older cars or tracks or drivers - and some people may not want to pay £30 every year for maybe 2 or 3 livery and driver changes. Surely an editor could be included even if just for the cars and drivers. Anyone think F1 2010 will have 4 or 5 sites making cars and tracks in 2018? Hopefully but I doubt it sadly - gp4 and this site will hopefully continue with all the amazing work available
Date: August 24, 2010 02:37PM
Posted by: SPOKES
This site is better than Facebook, so I would be still coming here many years from now. F1 2010 looks good however, I'm addictted to GP4 & no doubt I would buy it only if it was in the bargain bin!
Date: August 24, 2010 02:40PM
Posted by: DaiMOn
Personally I rather play GP4 in HQ mode than F12010 in 640x480 with no reflections and low textures.... :P
Date: August 24, 2010 02:46PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
and F1 2010 does turn out to be a spectacular game that is easily moddable, we could always open a new section of the forums :P

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 24, 2010 04:39PM
Posted by: jucksman
I have played every major racing sim released in the past 20 years and GP4 is by far my favourite. The way the cars move on the track just looks so real to me that every other game has failed in comparison.

Will F1 2010 be a good game? I think so.
Will it be as enjoyable as GP4? I have my doubts. From the footage I've seen, the cars behave too much like TOCA and Race Driver to my taste. And the replay cameras are just ridiculous. Of course it has some interesting new features, but I'm not impressed so far.
Will we still be playing it 10 years from now? I don't think we will. Why? Because GP4 has become a part of many people's lives in this community for the past 8 years or so. It's almost family now and has brought me countless hours of fun and will still be with me for the long go.

To mortal: I'm one of those who come to the site first thing after turning my computer on. :-)
Date: August 24, 2010 05:15PM
Posted by: truecrysis
i think the name "F1 2010", gives me enough indication of how moddable/unmoddable it will be, i may well get f1 2010 yes, but only alongside gp4, where else can i choose whatever season i like, drive on a large selection of tracks including fictional, and make my own livery, and have a great community (apart from rfactor ;)), and so i doubt my gp4 will be uninstalled soon, plus gp4 might run on my laptop, whereas f1 2010 definately won't ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: August 24, 2010 05:30PM
Posted by: vbc
The last time I played GP3 seriously was in 2008. I did my last laps in Monaco last year but this page is among the ones I visit most.
It could be because of the nostalgia from old days and7or because it's interesting to see/read the people you know so much time; besides how many cars and tracks are created to keep the GPX saga alive.

I have to say that F1 2010 looks good (graphics are fantastic and the most important, physics seem to be good) and F1 2011 should be the best F1 game if they develop it. But as some have said, it will not be moddable yet, so GP4 will be alive as the rest of the GPX games.

As many others I will continue visiting these forums.
Greetings to everyone.

Thanks GP3Hotlaps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy