Track textures!!!!!

Posted by simonsteele 
Track textures!!!!!
Date: January 03, 2003 01:32PM
Posted by: simonsteele
I got a working GFX card today!

I have track textures nad everything on my game!!!

i run at 800*600, everything at max, excpet no mirrors or video walls

i love this game

Re: Track textures!!!!!
Date: January 03, 2003 01:43PM
Posted by: Vader
Lucky you.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 03, 2003 02:44PM
Posted by: tux
800*600???

Date: January 03, 2003 02:57PM
Posted by: Ellis
yes, GP4 is picky at the ebst of times and Sasjags system isnt the best :(

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 03, 2003 03:00PM
Posted by: Orpheus
lol i kno what you were putting up with. green tarmac. dark green? yes? cos i had the same thing on my old computer. HA! even thinking back on it i was happy to get 9 fps. lol!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: January 03, 2003 03:01PM
I like Orpheus more than i-max.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 03, 2003 06:41PM
yah i-max was a kinda lame name.

just for you vader even though you probably already know this and read the story : ( if u read about MacSubhne up in a tree u surely kno this :p )

Orpheus was a legendary singer and musician in Greek mythology. Indeed, many stories about Orpheus focus on his ability to enchant audiences with a song. From his exploits with the Argonauts, to his most memorable myth - that of rescuing his wife Eurydice from the Underworld - Orpheus dazzled listeners with his mellifluous voice in tale after tale. To learn more about this master musician, read on.
According to some sources, Orpheus was the son of the god Apollo and the Muse Calliope. These parents - a god of music and the Muse of epic poetry - help to explain the origin of Orpheus's extraordinary musical gift. And the power of this god-like gift for song was undeniable. The ancient poets Aeschylus and Euripides both tell of how Orpheus used his talents to charm wild animals, trees, and rocks.

Even Hades, the stern and gloomy god of the Underworld, was not immune to the haunting magic of Orpheus's singing. For in one of the most compelling stories about Orpheus, the musician descends to the dark Underworld and begs Hades to release his wife Eurydice from the realm of the dead. After explaining how his young bride was accidentally killed, Orpheus uses his powers as a musician to persuade Hades to let him bring Eurydice back to the land of the living. In Ovid's version of the story, the god of the Underworld agrees to the request, with one condition - Orpheus must not look upon Eurydice until they both reach the surface of the earth. However, the enthusiastic bard forgets this warning and glances at his lovely wife just before they are free of the Underworld. At this moment, Orpheus once again loses his wife.

The story now takes an even more tragic turn. After losing Eurydice for a second time, Orpheus wanders the earth in despair. The musician loved his wife desperately, and wants nothing to do with women. A group of Thracian Maenads, however, take revenge on Orpheus and tear him to pieces. But there is a poetic note to this sad ending. It is said that even after his death, the head of Orpheus floated down the Hebrus river, singing a beautiful and enchanting song of lost love.

[www.loggia.com]

Date: January 03, 2003 08:16PM
LOL, yes, I have read my Homer*, thank you mate. Still it's nice to see that young people care about culture.

So if you are Orpheus and I am the King of the Netherworlds, it means we have met before. muaaahAHAHAHA!

*no, NOT the Simpson moron.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 04, 2003 05:36AM
Posted by: simonsteele
800*600???

that's the highest it will go for some reason, same in GPL

although it runs nascar 2002 at the next resolution up, with all cars and medium details at 30fps

Date: January 04, 2003 09:04AM
i run mine at 1024*784 (something like that). gpl at the highest res at withch my monitor doesnt blow up :P

Date: January 04, 2003 10:41AM
"

although it runs nascar 2002 at the next resolution up, with all cars and medium details at 30fps"

with my p42.0 and gf4ti4600 i get 60fps at 1024 x 8xx with everything on high ! :D sweeeeeet :D

Date: January 04, 2003 10:51AM
yay :D

i can run nascar thunder 2003 at max detailies but i dunno what res its on, :';( probably something like 1024...

Date: January 04, 2003 02:28PM
Posted by: Ellis
i can run nascar thunder 2003 at max detailies but i dunno what res its on, :';( probably something like 1024...

that games @!#$! Pathetic comapred with the papy version

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 04, 2003 05:29PM
yah pays version is brilliant except for one thing. more off track objects. the tracks just look a bit bare.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy