gp4edit + gpxpatch problem

Posted by Dutch_Can 
gp4edit + gpxpatch problem
Date: August 18, 2010 06:51AM
Posted by: Dutch_Can
I maybe have a weird problem but I know that this has worked before cause I had it working on an old gp4 install.
This is what is going on. I use gp4edit to edit the names but for some strange reason gpxpatch doen't grab it, it always goes back to the old names it has it working before but had to reinstall windows right now I play with the 2006 mod and I don't like using csm so I manual installed everything to my gp4 directory.
But when I use gpxpatch it goes back to the default names of the mod is there a way to edit this?

P.S. there is an option to see your split times and finishline time when you press the m key but it doesn't show my name but Ralf Schumachers name and I kinda like to see my name since I'm not Ralf.

Any help is apperiacted

Michael

Screenshot

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: gp4edit + gpxpatch problem
Date: August 18, 2010 09:45AM
Posted by: Robert
To edit driver names you need a performance file, which you then select in gpxpatch.
I'm not sure what gp4edit does, but you should use teameditor to edit the driver names and performance and then save the performance file and select it in gpxpatch.
Hope that helps :)
Rob

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: August 18, 2010 10:53AM
Posted by: TeamBPR
@Dutch_Can: Your installation of GP4 looks awful mate, what's going on! There's bits and bobs all over the place!:-o

As Robert says - you need to use a Performance.txt file with GpxPatch. It sounds like you haven't read the ReadMe that comes with GPxPatch - that is your first port of call. Any answers on here will be based on what it already says in the ReadMe/Help file that comes with GpxPatch so take your time to read it carefully to discover how to set up your GP4.

GpxPatch also does the Pit Boards, and the Microtime screen (the "M" screen) is based on the names grabbed from GPxPatch too.

You need to get your GPxPatch set up properly by reading the help file. You need to get a Performance .txt file then with the 2006 correct names in it.

You also need to sort out your cockpit shape! :-)

When you say you are not Ralf... who are you? Have you typed in your own name or something? It looks like you are Ralf Schumacher - the Pitboard is for Ralf's car, and the driver's name is obviously Ralf Schumacher - the name in Green is you and the name in Blue is the current fastest lap holder. So GP4 seems to think you are Ralf?

Best advice is to read your help files though mate, that will explain everything clearly :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2010 10:53AM by TeamBPR.
Date: August 19, 2010 03:49AM
Thanks for the sugestions I did change the performace file and its all fine but now that damn shiel I searched everywhere but couldn't find an answer and I didn't even edit anything other then the names.

Thanks for any help

Michael

P.S. a gp4 noob ;-)
Date: August 19, 2010 10:03AM
Sorry Dutch, I didn't realise you were new because it said you have been registered for 4 years, I know everything is complicated when you are new to modding, so many tools and utils!

There are plenty of good guides and faqs out there though, you just have to take the time to read them thoroughly.

Have you enabled GPxSet on the main GPxPatch page? Is it definitely pointing to the right text file? I've never ever heard of GPxPatch not successfully catching driver names from the performance file, so there must be an error in your configuration some where... can you take a screen shot of your GPxPatch front screen and the GPxSet tab too and post them? Maybe we can spot something.

Cheers :-)
Date: August 19, 2010 01:29PM
Actually no I am not new to the grandprix series it's just that I recently picked up gp4 again and the names are working fine.
It is the window shield you see in the screenshot I can't get it to lower down and I searched for an answer but I couldn't find anything and I appreciate your help TeamBPR.

Thanks
Michael
Date: August 19, 2010 09:25PM
Have a look for the Team Editor on LO2K's website. I think you change the position using that tool.

Show us your GPxPatch screens and maybe we can help you with that..
Date: August 19, 2010 10:57PM
Posted by: Fergy
Download teameditor here teameditor

PM me when your ready and I can help you use this program to fix your problem:-)

Fergy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy