Windows 7 / gp4 / ATI RADEON several problems

Posted by Pont 
Windows 7 / gp4 / ATI RADEON several problems
Date: August 14, 2010 09:21AM
Posted by: Pont
i have several strange problems using gp4 on w7 with ati radeon hd 5800 series. I did a fresh installation buy i face several strange problems.
- replay can only set to 1 minute (maximum)???
- when i try to install gp4 patch i get following message; patch already installed??? but when i check settings in game i still have version 1.00?
- there is no in game sound??? when i start gp4 i can hear the music but when i start to drive no sounds at all

help me pls?
Reageren Reageren met quote
Re: Windows 7 / gp4 / ATI RADEON several problems
Date: August 14, 2010 09:36AM
Posted by: mortal
That is not the ATI doing that.
If you get a patch already installed message do this. Delete Infogrames\GP4. Open regedit and delete all Infogrames entries or use CCCleaner and strip the registry of redundant entries. Install GP4, set the exe to WinXP SP3 compatibility, run once and exit. Apply the official patch (or use the CSM downloader to apply all patches). Again, before running, set the exe to the Win XP mode. Run once and exit. Then apply the v1.2 no_cd, again set the WinXP mode. Then you should be able to adjust your sound and video replay settings. If it's fixed, change your header to show [Fixed] please. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 14, 2010 02:38PM
the first step worked.........but when i try to install the gp 4 patch i always get the mssg gp4 is already updated??? I checked with regedit before i tried to install the patch and the programm could n't find any old entries?? But when i check the version in gp4 it's still version 1.o grrrrrrr
Date: August 14, 2010 03:01PM
Posted by: msater
Install the patch through ZaZ Tools 1.26. Link: [rapidshare.com]

Install the patch using the included Patch Downloader, choose the 'Install patch and original cars.wad' option, backing up the cars.wad if you've modified it beforehand. If you really don't want to install the new cars.wad, you don't have too, but if you use CSM it's a good idea :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: August 14, 2010 04:01PM
MSATER

Now i have version 1.02, replay can be set to 1,5 hours but i still don't hear my engine during game play. Only the engines of the other cars...............very strange.
Date: August 15, 2010 03:18PM
Posted by: Willb
Make sure you have the correct speaker setup selected in Windows, and try making sure 2d acceleration is enabled ingame?

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: August 15, 2010 06:39PM
Posted by: LWC
Willb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Make sure you have the correct speaker setup
> selected in Windows, and try making sure 2d
> acceleration is enabled ingame?

You cant enable 2d or 3d in gp4 with windows 7, unless you have something like alchemy installed, but still doesnt work properly

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Date: August 17, 2010 05:18PM
that's correct, 2d or 3d in gp4..........i don't have any choice when i try to dis- or enable this. it's imply not possible to change it. I hear the music in the main menu but as soon as i try to play in my game there is no sound at all!!! I really dont understand why?
Date: August 17, 2010 11:17PM
Posted by: mortal
I have a similar problem with W7, the car volumes are radically different for the views. It's not a huge problem so I'm not fussed over it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy