Just won a race on ACE Level - feeling chuffed!

Posted by AliMurray 
Just won a race on ACE Level - feeling chuffed!
Date: January 01, 2003 03:22PM
Posted by: AliMurray
Well the title says it all really - been trying on ACE skill level for about 2 months (most of which ended at the first corner, and FINALLY got on the top of the podium at Spa in the wet.

Alright, it was only a Quickrace of 3 laps, but even so it was BLOODY hard!

The feeling of euphoria when i crossed the line can't have been that different from what the real drivers feel.

What a great game - what else could tax your reserves of concentration and skill for £30?

So does this make me a giant among men, or has everyone done it and I am merely average??

Ali
Re: Just won a race on ACE Level - feeling chuffed!
Date: January 01, 2003 03:42PM
Posted by: Vader
It makes you a giant amongst men, though not amongst Demons. Congratulations Ali

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 01, 2003 04:08PM
Posted by: Ellis
u will find a few ppl here win on ace but most do not. I have done so a few times, but i dont play much now so i will prob have lost my touch :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 01, 2003 05:43PM
Posted by: matthewp
I won on ace at Imola at 100%, I was on a two stopper and Barrichello only stopped once so after my second stop I had about 12 seconds to make up, I passed him on the penultimate lap coming into Rivazza, was chuffed. I never actually continued the championship in the next round in Spain so it was the last race I finished. I haven't played GP4 for about 3 months now :-)

Date: January 01, 2003 05:45PM
Posted by: LS.
its been that long since i have been able to run it with out it crashing to desktop that i'll be in need of practice again to win

i ran at ace level with all aids swtiched off ( as i do in every sim,, GPL, Nascar 2002 etc, if your gonna play a sim then do it at it hardest level is my motto :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: January 02, 2003 12:48AM
Posted by: raztahz
wow im not surprised....

wat did you get after that...? a big sloppy kiss from your ma

i 'll be happy if you did it on a minardi :P

if your using a ferrari..i call that cheating!!!

Date: January 02, 2003 05:36AM
i 'll be happy if you did it on a minardi :P

if your using a ferrari..i call that cheating!!!

dont make a difference in GPx

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 02, 2003 06:42AM
It could make a difference if you had "power team dependent" as you can have in GP3 with the editors. Then it would really be harder to win a Minardi.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 02, 2003 06:53AM
not much harder tho

Date: January 02, 2003 09:49AM
Posted by: Glyn
Well done Ali! I know the feeling when you win, espically with a long tussle with Schumi in the wet at Spa.

Date: January 02, 2003 10:31AM
It depends on the bhp values you set. If the top teams have 850 bhp and you as a Minardi driver only 790 bhp it is certainly much harder t keep the pace.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 03, 2003 12:47AM
Posted by: raztahz
lets see....a ferrari has more straight line speed than a minardi especially in spa....so it does make a lot of difference...... with team power depend

Date: January 03, 2003 09:14AM
Posted by: Glyn
Yeah it does. When I enabled this my Jordan couldnt keep up with the Ferrari's down the straights, where before it could.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy