Sound Issues

Posted by redtruck 
Sound Issues
Date: December 31, 2002 04:19PM
Posted by: redtruck
Okay so I don't have the most upto date system, but GP4 should run and it does kind of. First off this is what I am running, P4 1.6, 264MB ram, G-Force2 64MB, Sound Blaster Live. This is the problem - with the sound disabled the game runs beautifully, but with sound enabled it alternates between running very smoothly for maybe 15 seconds then slows down to undriveable, herky jerky, slow motion. I tried upto date drivers for both video and sound - no luck. I tried a Sound Blaster Audigy2 - no luck. This really sucks! Nascar2002 runs good on my system, so does Grand Prix Legends with all the addon bells and whistles. Anybody have ideas on what is wrong?

Aaron
Re: Sound Issues
Date: January 01, 2003 05:14AM
Posted by: Timm
Enable the sound, but change the hardware acceleration in Windows to none.

I think it's in Sound Media and Game contollers bit in the Control Panel.

Re: Sound Issues
Date: January 01, 2003 09:43AM
Posted by: Glyn
Setting it to "none" will make the game fly, but it sounds crap. The better balance for 2D sound is the setting just above "none". It gives crisp 2D sound and decent performance enhancement.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy