TGA files

Posted by truecrysis 
TGA files
Date: August 06, 2010 03:45PM
Posted by: truecrysis
basically im trying to learn how to paint (very badly at the moment ;)), and painted on the gp2 template from gp4db
i have the 4 lods obviously and a tga file.
how do i make the tga file into a tex file and associate it with the lods?
oh and the tutorial i followed is this: [www.f1gamers.com] so if that helps anyone help me out?
dunno how bad that sounds lol
cheers in advance

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 03:58PM by truecrysis.
Re: TGA files
Date: August 06, 2010 04:32PM
Posted by: superf1fan
You need to download Zaz tools, which includes slimtex. Then open slimtex and click on the 'batch to tex' tab. Then drag and drop the tga files into slimtex and set them to dxt5 (i think), full transparency and 4 mipmaps, you may also be required to flip or mirror depending on the template you are using, then click convert et voila =) hope i could help, thats all from memory as im not at my computer.
Date: August 06, 2010 04:46PM
ok cheers that now puts it as a tex file, however i now have 2 problems

1. the tex file and the template (lods) dont seem to be linked, so i now have a white car in gp4.
2. i only have 1 tex file, every car ive downloaded has multiple tex files

thanks

Date: August 06, 2010 05:31PM
Posted by: superf1fan
No problem, now for 1) you need to download gp4 builder. Open lod 0 with gp4 builder and find the rename texture option, sorry i cant remember exactly where it is but its there somewhere! =) the box that pops up will show you what the tex file needs to be called. For 2) which template are you using?
Date: August 06, 2010 05:49PM
yup ive found the rename texture option in gp4 builder and am having a fiddle to try and learn stuff lol
as for my template, im using the gp2 one from gp4db

Date: August 06, 2010 06:53PM
well thanks superf1fan i have it on my car! cheers! now ive gotta work out whats work with the template, as the plank to my car is next to the cockpit ;), is this to do with the fact that the tga is 2048x2048, "i believe".

Date: August 06, 2010 07:34PM
Posted by: Syping-Shark
nope it isnt, thats probably because you have to flip or mirror the .tex file, ive had that myself =) you can flip and-or mirros also by using slimtex ;)

The number one Luca Badoer fan, massive respect for the man that has more laps on the Catalunya track then any other driver
Date: August 06, 2010 07:43PM
well i have also discovered this lol, so thanks to you both :)
i can now paint! lol

Date: August 06, 2010 08:23PM
Posted by: Syping-Shark
have fun man, and dont forget to show off the end result hahah (joke, no pressure =) )
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy