Looking for cars.wad

Posted by Boomy 
Looking for cars.wad
Date: December 20, 2002 02:21AM
Posted by: Boomy
I know that the best practise is to use editing tools,and I did it producing an own cars.wad,but I encountered some problems while adding customized wheels.

Could you upload some new good cars.wad already done ?

I'm looking for one who has recent liveries/helmets and top team wheels.

( Williams wheel possibly with blu digital numbers and not red ones like radio alarm clock device )

If new tyre set is also available it would be perfect.

Aloha

Boomer
Re: Looking for cars.wad
Date: December 20, 2002 04:55AM
Posted by: Morbid
No need to upload Boomy.

You can extract the file from the compressed files on the cd. I don't remember if the patch replaces the file though. But you can also extract files from the compressed archives in the patch installer.

You need to get the program Iscab to do it though. You can find it here:

[wgc.chem.pu.ru]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: December 20, 2002 05:50AM
Posted by: Boomy
Thank you so much,but I'm referring not to the original one but a customized instead,with new liveries/helmets and wheels ( Williams one without alarm clock red numbers but with blue one instead )

In Italy ( drivingitalia.com ) it's becoming quite usual to post cars.wad already ready to insert in GP4 folder,so within few seconds everything is upgraded to latest liveries etc...avoiding to spend too much time with editors and so on.At the beginning it is surelly a good practice to fiddle around with editors for learning purposes, but later a simply file exchange is preferred.IMHO.

In particular I'm looking only for a normal cars.wad with only new liveries and helmets and top team's wheels with Williams one without red alarm clock digital numbers but with blue one ( by Shroeder ) instead.

Thanks

Boomer
Date: December 20, 2002 06:05AM
Posted by: tux
no need to get it off the cd, csc4 backed it up the first time it was run

Date: December 20, 2002 01:15PM
Posted by: Glyn
no need to get it off the cd, csc4 backed it up the first time it was run

What about if you dont use csc 4 because you think its crap? :)

Not saying your progs bad or anything, its great, but there can be an IF :)

Date: December 20, 2002 01:33PM
Posted by: tux
then ure screwed :p

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy