Date: December 19, 2002 04:15PM
Posted by: ZachG
hey all,

I have finished my FW24 Carshape. What do you all think

Re: FW24 Release
Date: December 19, 2002 04:27PM
Posted by: raztahz
looks the same.....

colour textures are to light for the williams but great job anyway.......

Date: December 19, 2002 04:41PM
Posted by: raztahz
a great improvement would be to fix the front nose and cone.....it looks so nothin like the real thing, it should be higher and the two verticle pillars attaching the front wing should be longer

.... maybe i should start making carshapes textures

Date: December 19, 2002 05:00PM
Posted by: andrew_S
very nice for a first attempt! you could do with making the back winglets with more polygons, and better (they look a bit ugly atm, ihmo, and the normals need doing on them!) other than that it looks really nice! that scoop at the end of the sidepod is a bit out of scale (only constructive chritism! :-) )
Date: December 19, 2002 06:12PM
Hey,

I see what you mean about the front wing, I am changing it at the moment. Also, I have found the heirachy chart but when I change it to the proper order, it switches itself. Is this how you fix the damage model? Lastly, you said the normals needed fixing? What does that mean?

Thanx
Zach
Date: December 20, 2002 06:40AM
Posted by: Vader
Nice work, really nice Zach. Keep up the work and don't let all this bitching discourage you (dumass will agree on that).

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 20, 2002 07:27AM
Thanks Vader,

You came to the Light Side LOL. I have since worked out all problems, damage model etc and the final release is just about to be posted. Thanx to everyone who helped me fix those annoying bugs.

Thanx
Zach
Date: December 20, 2002 08:28AM
Posted by: andrew_S
normals are like the shaddows, they how the light is on the car, look at the winglet on the screenshot, to see what i mean
Date: December 20, 2002 08:36AM
Posted by: Vader
What DO you mean?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 21, 2002 06:43AM
Posted by: Reiner
I have a problem with the FW24 shape.
If you using the trackcamera and watching from far distance the front part of the Williams is not visible (if you have selected another car e.g. Ferrari). You see only a black area. If you select the car for the camera no problem, but the other Williams has still the problem. This effect is obvious when the race is starting and you watch the grid from far distance. With the original shape I cannot see a problem. I have already tried to change the settings with an graphic editor, but no change.
Do you have any suggestion.
Reiner
Date: December 21, 2002 08:32AM
Posted by: Jorn
Do you hace the v1.0 or the v1.1?

That was the problem of the v1.0

Date: December 21, 2002 10:18AM
Posted by: Reiner
I have 1.0 and will try 1.1. Thank you a lot for the help.
Date: December 22, 2002 07:53AM
Posted by: Northy
Nice effort mate.... at least your are making an effort, I don't think there is too much wrong with it, after all it all depends on the viewpoint.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy