Posted by Chris2k6 
Re: New idea for a GP4 Manager Game
Date: July 29, 2010 10:30PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Waiting List:

1. Maikel (MDBSnake)
2. Dan (Ferrari2007)

:]

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: July 29, 2010 10:34PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
burazel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Burazel, this might sound a bit odd but would
> you
> > be open to swap Renault for Jordan? I prefer an
> > underdog. :D
>
> ok mate, lets swap them.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 29, 2010 11:46PM
Posted by: redbulljack14
JACKPOT!
Date: July 30, 2010 12:15AM
Posted by: Kenney
I'm fine with BAR, there are teams I like more, but could've been worse. Though, if someone likes BAR more than his team, I'm open for a swap!
Date: July 30, 2010 12:43AM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
I'll swap with you if you like. I wouldn't mind BAR. I have Toyota.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: July 30, 2010 03:16AM
Posted by: Macca25
Ok, Arrows it is. We will rise to the top of the chapionship and embarrass all you top teams.

@Kizz - I don't think that because you are Jaguar that you automaticly become Red Bull later on but I could be wrong, I thought anybody could buy any team.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 30, 2010 09:30AM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Yeah it does kinda work like that, but just because Red Bull are succesful in real life by 2009 doesnt mean that they will be in the game. Was also thinking if you turn down a offer from a new team then they may look elsewhere at other teams of a similar status

Rules coming this way then we shall kick off at 10am
Date: July 30, 2010 09:38AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
Lets go!
Date: July 30, 2010 10:29AM
Right here are the rules. Now as this idea is still pretty new and hasn't had much trial and testing we may have to make fine tweeks as we go along.

1. Managers

A manager can apply to become the new manager of a vacant slot. If more then one managers apply then it will be names drawn out of a hat
Remember this is for fun. Don't think it's the end of the world if a decision goes against you. Rise above it and move on. Everyone has a stumble here and there

2. Drivers

Drivers will be up for contract negotiations randomly through the season. For example after the 4th race of the season you could have 6 drivers looking for a drive for next season.
Drivers will have a set contract salery, in which they will not accept an offer below. For example M. Schumacher will have a contract salery of £18M. You must match that or offer a higher sum
After 3 races the drivers will look at who has offered the highest amount and accept that offer.
There are exceptions to this though. Teams trying to re-sign their driver for the next season, will have a £500k allowance. This means that another team will have to out-bid them by £500k
A driver who is of the same country as a team may be more tempted by that team. So they will recieve a £300k allowance
If drivers have been mistreated by their team, they may not want to re-sign for their team
You are free to change your drivers as you wish. New signings in the season will depend on wether you had the cash from the previous budget.
You can swap around your test/third drivers and race drivers as much as you want. Although to much swapping for races will have a negative effect on your drivers

3. Teams

Teams have been allocated at random from the 2003 season.
Teams will follow as they do in each season. This means new teams will offer existing teams a chance to be took over. In this instance the manager stays the same but the team name, liveries etc changes. Do not think you will automatically get the success the team has in real life. Remember a lot of this is down to your decision making and a bit of luck of course ;)

4. Engines

Engines are also as in real life from that season
Manufactorers will obv run their own engines. This means teams such as Renault and Ferrari will not be able to choose a different engine unless their manufactorer decides to quit the series. So budget yourselves with this in mind
Independants are open to engine deals. Although there will only be a limited amount of suppliers. Manufactorers will automatically have a slight advantage over an independant team they are supplying. Ever so slight though
Engines will have set amounts you will pay for the season
They will have variables of bhp and reliability at the start of the season which will be picked at random

5. Tyres

In 2003 we start with Michelin and Bridgestone. These could leave the sport and we could get a new tyre supplier
Teams can move freely between the two. However your team could struggle with a new tyre after switching, but this can be rectified by testing at a test session

6. Electronics and Brakes

These two components will also have to be budgeted for.
Like engines they will have a variable which will be picked at random before the new season

7. Budgets

Budgets are decided by how well you do in a season. With the contract negotiations going on through the season, this means budgets will be set by how you finished the previous season. So for example in 2003 season, your budget will depend on where you finished in 2002, as you sign people for 2004
Budgets can not be carried over to the following budget. The only exception to this is signing drivers for that season. For example you signed drivers in 2003 for the 2004 season, you then wanted to add a driver to the lineup while in 2004 for 2004, you would have to use the cash you had left over from 2003

8. Testing

There will be testing events throughout the season as well as pre-season (except 2003). Before a test session a team manager should submit their test focus to me. You can focus on reliability, power or tyres if you have issues with a new tyre
You have test drivers who can get involved in these test sessions and give you valuable feedback

9. Calender

The Calender will follow the race calender from that season

Race Weekend

Race weekends will start with a friday practice. Here your top driver aswel as one of your test drivers will take to the track.
To act as getting a good set-up, your test drivers will reward your team and race drivers with a small increase for quali and the race
The way this will work is by working out the time difference between your top driver and your test driver
The first three will recieve a 5 bhp boost, and 30 driver performance boost
4th to 6th will recieve a 3 bhp boost, and a 15 driver performance boost
Qualifying will be a one lap run, so your drivers only have one chance at it!
Races will be where most of the coverage comes from

11. The next season

The way this will work is mainly by variables. I will set a max and min limit and choose at random what your bhp, reliabilty etc will be. Obv things will influence this, for example engine suppliers, drivers, reliability from the previous season etc

That's all i can think of right now. Let me know if you have any questions or if anything is unclear and i will be sure to get back to you
Date: July 30, 2010 10:34AM
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> Lets go!
> [newsimg.bbc.co.uk]
> /_45483387_stoddart300.jpg

haha im loving it!
Date: July 30, 2010 10:37AM
Posted by: senna9194
seems nice to me:)

when can we start making our choices(tyres,engines,etc.)?

My GPGSL Career
Date: July 30, 2010 11:02AM
Tyres can be decided anytime for the following season as you wont have to pay for them

Engines you can sort out once i sort the budgets out
Date: July 30, 2010 11:07AM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
This is all looking good, can't wait to get underway.

I'm glad I have Jordan now :)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 30, 2010 11:21AM
Posted by: Twigster151
Looks excellent, can't wait to start :-)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Date: July 30, 2010 12:11PM
Working on budgets now, should be ready by race 3 or 4. Cheers
Date: July 30, 2010 12:11PM
Posted by: senna9194
Chris2k6 Wrote:
> Working on budgets now, should be ready by race 3
> or 4. Cheers

so,for now we can change tyres if we want?;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: July 30, 2010 12:13PM
You can announce your tyres for next season if you wish to do so
Date: July 30, 2010 01:54PM
Posted by: Macca25
So how does the setup bonus work?

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 30, 2010 01:56PM
Posted by: burazel
i had couple of questions;
-how can we leran the contract value of drivers, will they anounce to public?
-can we offer a contract to any driver before his contract expires?
-can we make contracts for 2 - 3 years or only single year contracts are available?
-for 2004 season, when will we start for preperations as driver-engine-tyre deals? will be a transfer beginning or deadline?
-also a small database will be useful that shows;which drivers are available? which engine-tyre suppliers are available? may be atable can be performed and put on the first post?
Date: July 30, 2010 03:16PM
Ok the setup bonus works basically by running your best driver and one of your test drivers. The closer you test driver is to your best driver the better the reward. The top 3 get a 30 driver performance bonus and a 5 bhp boost. Places 4th to 6th get 15 driver performance bonus and 3 bhp boost. But it is only for that race weekend. They then return to default ready for the next friday practice session

Burazel once i have sorted out the budget, prices of drivers etc i will release a small database with what drivers are available and what their age, price, nation is etc. Remember age is important as not every driver can stay fresh for their whole career and retirement looms.
With drivers they will be randomly available throughtout the season for contract talks. So say after 4 races of the 2003 season, a handful of drivers (picked at random) will be ready to listen to offers for 2004. After a couple more races those drivers will decide on their future (Mainly going to the highest bidder). If no-one puts in an offer for them then they will remain available for contract talks. Another batch of drivers will be ready for talks a few races after the first batch and so on and so on.
Drivers will only be available for 1 year contracts at the moment. This may change later in the game
For 2004 you can start preparing engine deals etc once i have released the budget and prices stuff, which should be around race 4 of 2003 im hoping. Negotiations will go on throughout the year as they do in real life. Hopefully by the end of 2003 most teams will be near completion ready for 2004

hope that helps :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy