New idea for a GP4 Manager Game

Posted by Chris2k6 
New idea for a GP4 Manager Game
Date: July 28, 2010 09:48AM
Posted by: Chris2k6
Hey guys,

as you may know i've been pestering the lot of you to try and get my gp4 sorted so i could get back into running a GP4 Manager based game. I ran a similar thing on a different website a few years back which was pretty succesful and ran for 5 seasons. Unfortunetly it come to an end as i left home. Now that im settled down i have a desktop once again and i'm looking at running a similar competition

Why not run it on the original website i hear you ask. Well that website is much more quieter then what it was back then and so i thought that here would be a better option as it has other competitions running. Now i know i'm just new here but if you want to see the previous manager game i run then just ask and i shall send you a link to the site (don't want to put a link up here incase i get in trouble for linking up a site)

Rather then start up a similar thing, i was thinking of going down a different line with something i came up with just before i left home.

Here it is...

Basically we start in 2003. All the teams are as they were then. I'd need 11 managers who would be given a team at random. It is then their job to guide that team to success, wether it be Ferrari or Minardi. Real life events would come in to play, such as Red Bull wanting to take over Jaguar etc. But that wouldn't gaurentee you success. You would have to negotiate contracts with drivers and engine suppliers along with making many other decisions along the way. Not only would you need two drivers but you would also need test drivers who could either bring valuable experience to the team, or be a hot prospect for the future. The seasons will follow the calenders of that specific year. Your budget for the season will be decided by how well you done the previous year. But don't think getting Ferrari will bring you all the success, as we have seen big teams can slip up, aswel as getting suprises from teams such as Brawn.

The whole thing is just an idea at the minute and i'm looking at you guys for some feedback so we can make this a great game and some good fun. Let me know what you guys think and wether you's are interested....

Cheers

Confirmed so far...

Macca25 - Arrows
Twigster151 - McLaren
burazel - Renault
CaptinFranko - Toyota
redbulljack14 - Ferrari
mclarenaustralia - Minardi
senna9194 - Williams
kenney - BAR
Incident 2k9 - Jordan
JohnWarrington - Sauber
Kizz - Jaguar

Waiting List

MDBSnake
Ferrari2007

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 10:34AM by Chris2k6.
Re: New idea for a GP4 Manager Game
Date: July 28, 2010 11:00AM
Posted by: Macca25
I think this sound like a really good idea, you can definitely put me down for slot when this games up and running.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 28, 2010 11:20AM
Posted by: Twigster151
It does sound like a good idea you can put me down as well (Y)
Date: July 28, 2010 12:12PM
Posted by: burazel
interesting, you can also put me down as well
Date: July 28, 2010 12:46PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Sounds good to me! Put me down for a slot!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: July 28, 2010 02:39PM
Posted by: redbulljack14
Sign me up
Date: July 28, 2010 02:47PM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
Count me in.
Date: July 28, 2010 02:59PM
Posted by: senna9194
i'm interested too:-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: July 28, 2010 03:01PM
Posted by: Kenney
I would want to take part :)
Date: July 28, 2010 03:10PM
Great response guys, 8 confirmed so far leaving just 3 spaces

At this rate we could start this weekend as im off work for three days

Teams will drawn at random from a hat, i will give you a day to swap teams if another team manager would like to swap with you

I will release more details later/tomorrow once i get my head around how im going to work the budgets etc

Anyone got any ideas on how to make it better?
Date: July 28, 2010 03:16PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I'd be interested, could you put me down? Thanks.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: July 28, 2010 03:26PM
Posted by: JohnWarrington
Put me down :D
Date: July 28, 2010 03:53PM
Ah Wozza i was hoping you would join, one of the regulars from the old GP4 Manager days :-D

With those two more, only one space is available

This is what i have come up with so far. Let me know what you think and what i should change. Remember at the minute i'm still trying to figure out what will be best (It could be trial and error for the first season)....

Managers

That's you lot. It's up to you to guide your team to success.
Wether it's guiding McLaren to the constructors championship or getting Minardi into the mid-field.
You may have offers for your team to be took over. Such as Midland from Jordan etc.
It's up to you to decide what is best for your team
If a team becomes available then managers can apply for the vacant place

Drivers

Some will bring experience, others will be future talents
Contracts will be available randomly through the season or at the end of the season
The team who offers the driver the most money will sign the driver. Although factors could come into play
For example a negative thing could be the driver has a bad experience with that team
On the other hand drivers could be more tempted by teams from their home country or the team they are currently with

Teams

Teams are as in 2003 and will be allocated randomly

Engines

As in real life
Different hp, reliability, price
Some will want to stay commited to just one team

Tyres

Choose between bridgestone and michelin
Companies can join or leave

Electronics and Brakes

A further two parts which will be a factor in bringing success to your team but will cost
Not sure on this idea

Budgets

These will be affected by how the team done the previous season.
At this point i don't know wether contracts will be signed throughout the season or at the end
Top team £60m while the bottom team will have to deal with just £30m
Budgets will not be able to be carried over to the following year

Testing

Testing will cost money to attend, but it could help you improve that year's car (reliability, hp)
You choose where you want to focus on

Calender

This will be the exact same as the real life season

Other Notes

Just because a team do well in real life does not mean that you will have the same luck or success
Things will work on variables. So for example, next season the car could have a realibility of max 3000, min 2000
it will then be chosen at random. If it's 3000 then you will have to work to reduce it in testing. If 2000 then winner!
Date: July 28, 2010 04:11PM
Do we choose which drivers, engines etc. we want for the first season?

Otherwise, that all seems pretty good...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
Date: July 28, 2010 04:19PM
sounds good, i gather the races will be posted on the fourms?

Date: July 28, 2010 04:37PM
We could either run 2003 as it is or you could have a budget on how well the team did in 2002 for you to sign drivers etc on for the 2003 season. Upto what you guys would want....

Yeah the races will be posted on the forum with screenshots of the action
Date: July 28, 2010 05:04PM
Well I'm all for signing drivers for the first season...but I don't mind.

Just a note, I'm not here from Friday to Sunday, so if anything major happens in this comp I'd rather get my drivers and stuff if we're doing them for this comp sorted sooner rather than later. Thanks for letting me in btw :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2010 10:00PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: July 28, 2010 06:02PM
I'll echo that, thanks for letting me in. I' away from Monday August 2nd to Friday August 6th so I would rather get sorted as soon as can do.

Date: July 28, 2010 07:25PM
Posted by: kizz
if theres still a space i'd be interested
Date: July 28, 2010 07:47PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
kizz Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if theres still a space i'd be interested

+1

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy